VT’s Music Chat

Mark Albrighton

Just now, Nor-Cal Villan said:

He’s still a gif in the Bay Area/Nor Cal in general. He’s coming around soon, with Counting Crowes as opening act. Sounds like an ungodly snooze fest to me 🤣 and an extremely expensive snooze fest at that 

I wouldn’t mind seeing him in uk but it’s rare he comes over. Obviously wouldn’t pay too much for his company though. 

3 minutes ago, Nor-Cal Villan said:

Man, I haven’t listened to Spirit in a very long time. You’ve motivated me to dig out Twelve Dreams of Dr. Sardonicus 👍👍

I still prefer their debut album. 

3 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

I still prefer their debut album. 

It’s the preference of lightweights 🤣🍻

also, would be difficult for me to dig out given that I don’t own it 😉

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

I wouldn’t mind seeing him in uk but it’s rare he comes over. Obviously wouldn’t pay too much for his company though. 

The last time I saw him it was kind of embarrassing. Can’t imagine a scenario in which I would ever give him my $ again. 

1 hour ago, Nor-Cal Villan said:

Honest answer to your question about GD albums: none of them if you mean studio. Don’t get me wrong, a handful are good (American Beauty, Workingman’s Dead, Wake of the Flood, Mars Hotel) but none even remotely capture what they were as a live band. Of the official albums they released before Jerry’s death, Live/Dead is “the one”. I also really love Reckoning (live acoustic album from 1980 tour). All of the numerous volumes of the Dick’s Picks/Dave’s Picks series of live releases are very good to spectacular. 

Europe '72 FTW

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, il_serpente said:

Europe '72 FTW

Can’t believe I forgot that one 👍👍 I blame it on the COVID 😉 I bought the 73-disc box set of the entire tour they released back in 2011. Prized-possession status. There are a handful of shows from this tour that are candidates for their greatest show ever in my opinion. From the beginning of this tour until their “retirement” shows at Winterland in October 1974 is an ungodly run of sustained brilliance. Truly their high water mark for me 💀🌹 I often think about what tours/shows (not just GD) I would catch if I had a time machine. This entire tour would be at/near the top of the list 

IMG-0115.jpg

IMG-0114.jpg

Wish I had the presence of mind back then to buy an extra copy, because I could retire on what people are paying for it now 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Nor-Cal Villan said:

Can’t believe I forgot that one 👍👍 I blame it on the COVID 😉 I bought the 73-disc box set of the entire tour they released back in 2011. Prized-possession status. There are a handful of shows from this tour that are candidates for their greatest show ever in my opinion. From the beginning of this tour until their “retirement” shows at Winterland in October 1974 is an ungodly run of sustained brilliance. Truly their high water mark for me 💀🌹 I often think about what tours/shows (not just GD) I would catch if I had a time machine. This entire tour would be at/near the top of the list 

IMG-0115.jpg

IMG-0114.jpg

Wish I had the presence of mind back then to buy an extra copy, because I could retire on what people are paying for it now 

It’s a wooden box full of bootlegs ;) 

29 minutes ago, Nor-Cal Villan said:

I bought the 73-disc box set of the entire tour they released back in 2011.

Respect. You are not lightweight. 

20 minutes ago, bickster said:

It’s a wooden box full of bootlegs ;) 

Jokes on you, it isn’t wood. 😉

And it ain’t bootlegs either when they are the master multi-track recordings sourced from the band 

1 minute ago, Nor-Cal Villan said:

Jokes on you, it isn’t wood. 😉

And it ain’t bootlegs either when they are the master multi-track recordings sourced from the band 

So it’s a fake wood box full of bootlegs :crylaugh:

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, bickster said:

So it’s a fake wood box full of bootlegs :crylaugh:

You keep on using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means. 

Edited by Nor-Cal Villan

1 hour ago, Nor-Cal Villan said:

You keep on using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means. 

I know exactly what it means, I’m just joking

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â