VT’s Music Chat

Mark Albrighton

Just now, bickster said:

Is it on offer there?

I actually thought it might have been a different expanded version, the only difference I can see is HMV don’t list it as coloured vinyl or having a download code. I guess that’s why it was in the under £30 bargain bin.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Just bought a new hip hop record from HMV, cost me 44.99, a fella called U Roy. It better be worth the money.

I'm surprised "U Roy" is classed as Hip Hop. I thought he was more of a roots reggae  bloke; however this type of music is not exactly my cup of tea and I could easily be wrong . He has been around for ages though and must be getting on - if still alive !

6 minutes ago, veloman said:

I'm surprised "U Roy" is classed as Hip Hop. I thought he was more of a roots reggae  bloke; however this type of music is not exactly my cup of tea and I could easily be wrong . He has been around for ages though and must be getting on - if still alive !

You've missed the joke. U Roy was a Reggae artist, he pioneering the toasting style of vocal delivery. U Roy passed away two years ago

1 minute ago, bickster said:

You've missed the joke. U Roy was a Reggae artist, he pioneering the toasting style of vocal delivery. U Roy passed away two years ago

U Roy 

I Roy 

We all Roy 

3 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

Hot on the hills of “new”  music by The Beatles and The Stones , it would appear The Kinks are reforming to make a new album

Tour likely as well … 

I doubt it. RD said in an interview something like "We got some unrecorded stuff lying around. I suppose I should have a chat with Dave sometime". He says this every couple of years, and then the likes of the Daily Mirror run with it as "Kinks to reform!!!" clickbait. 

Personally, I hope they don't, it would inevitably be a let-down. 

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

I doubt it. RD said in an interview something like "We got some unrecorded stuff lying around. I suppose I should have a chat with Dave sometime". He says this every couple of years, and then the likes of the Daily Mirror run with it as "Kinks to reform!!!" clickbait. 

Personally, I hope they don't, it would inevitably be a let-down. 

I've seen the cast off kinks which has 2 former members ( neither of the brothers ) ,so if it happened , I'd sorta be curious to see them if they played a smallish venue like Brixton  .. but not if it was something like Hyde park or Wembley 

9 minutes ago, bickster said:

Please tell me that this is a typo

I thought the Stones album was new music?

Could have sworn I typed heels ! 

the stones album is I believe new ,  I couldn’t actually say for certain though 

10 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Could have sworn I typed heels ! 

the stones album is I believe new ,  I couldn’t actually say for certain though 

The bits I've heard seem to be a reasonable pastiche of some of their great tunes. So much so I wouldn’t be shocked to find out that some sort of AI was involved in the writing.

I was looking for a playlist I made in Spotify years ago and I came across a Berlin School Mix made by Spotify for me. Oh I’ll have a listen to that.

Lesser know Kraftwerk, Faust, Ashra …. Wait what, Jean Michel Jarre. It’s like it was put together by Craig Charles.

• Haha 1

I hope these guys are aware what awaits them next year. They are not a pub band any more. Talk about being catapulted into the limelight, they have suddenly made an album that has appeared on an awful lot of "best of" rock albums of the year. Wish i'd heard of them before and managed to catch them live in a pub somewhere.

IMG_20231214_201906_(904_x_1200_pixel).thumb.jpg.4be37f78295cdd90cc5d14370f1e6790.jpg

Not many rockers from the 70's look this good at age 70. :o

I have a lot of time for Stewart Copeland. Tasteful, original precision drumming with the odd explosion of power. 

He's also pretty down-to-earth for a big rock star, clearly didn't learn a thing from Sting..

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â