VT’s Music Chat

Mark Albrighton

34 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Unpopular opinion: 

I think the Stones single is all right. Not 'spend money on it' all right, admittedly, but 'don't switch off before the end' all right. Of course it isn't as good as 1969 Stones - they're in their eighties, FFS! - but perfectly decent generic rock. Which I'd still rather listen to than 90% of current music by 'contemporary' acts. 

You know, after I posted it here, I listened to it til the end and it's not that bad. When Keith plays the lead part it sounds more like old Stones. 

• Thanks 1

It starts off on the chorus, but then that verse it jumps to sounds a mess. The pre chorus does something interesting, there's an odd note you don't expect. And then the chorus again which is pretty meat and potatoes.

37 minutes ago, Chindie said:

There's something deeply unsettling about an octogenarian rock band having a music video that is basically extended perving of a girl that could be their great grandchild.

Oh, the video is something else again. I don't give a shit about videos. 

8 minutes ago, maqroll said:

It starts off on the chorus, but then that verse it jumps to sounds a mess. The pre chorus does something interesting, there's an odd note you don't expect. And then the chorus again which is pretty meat and potatoes.

Yes, there is a sort of 'pop bit' that doesn't fit quite right with the rock groove of the rest of the track. 

1 minute ago, mjmooney said:

Oh, the video is something else again. I don't give a shit about videos. 

I've historically been a fan of the media type of the music video. It's a bit of a dead art now, theres a golden period from 80s through to the mid 00s, basically the time before social media, where it became quite a cool field, where you'd see really **** cool concepts and things that make you view the music in a different light.

A tired, hackneyed, ball-less Rolling Stones track, pumped over (the perfect term I think) a saucy teen in revealing leather and fishnet in a near parody of Americana. Nah. It's cliched, but its also just a bit grotty. Dirty ol' men, the single.

11 minutes ago, tinker said:

If you want to mess about try bandlab the app, some great loops on there and it's very easy to use.

I've messed around with a couple of DAWs over the years but found them hard to get comfortable or proficient with. Im sure theres a big market for the novice/casual that is underserved. I'll check this out.

35 minutes ago, maqroll said:

I've messed around with a couple of DAWs over the years but found them hard to get comfortable or proficient with. Im sure theres a big market for the novice/casual that is underserved. I'll check this out.

Same as me, takes hours of learning,  YouTube videos and more learning for a small pay back 

@osmark86 Has obviously put a lot of hours in to create something as good as he has, the intro is first class. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, tinker said:

Same as me, takes hours of learning,  YouTube videos and more learning for a small pay back 

@osmark86 Has obviously put a lot of hours in to create something as good as he has, the intro is first class. 

I'm more into House and lo-fi/ambient than trance type stuff, but yes, that was impressive quality. Top notch, @osmark86 !

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 04/09/2023 at 08:14, osmark86 said:

Tired as shit today because I spent way too long last night working on this psytrance epos:

https://on.soundcloud.com/9qyNs

First general mix done, might have to fix some stuff that I'll notice over time I suppose. Enjoy!

Love it. Later today, I fully expect to awaken in a parallel dimension to which listening hard to this track has transported me.

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

Hopefully I'm still young enough to be able to perve over her.  She's incredible.  I reckon they kind of get away with it by using clips of their younger selves playing in the video.

She is 5 years younger than allowed. Wank aborted :(

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, maqroll said:

I'm more into House and lo-fi/ambient than trance type stuff, but yes, that was impressive quality. Top notch, @osmark86 !

Oh so am I, I just did that psytrance track to try something different. Mainly I vibe with stuff that leans closer towards Bonobo, Tourist, Fred Again... that kinda stuff, Techno, Ambient etc...

Gotta do something out of your comfort zone every now and then though ;)

• Like 1

Been on a bit of a creative streak so here comes an organic house-ish track I made last night. It was made using some samples from a cover of a song called You Were Good To Me by Jeremy Zucker & Chelsea Cutler.

My song:

https://on.soundcloud.com/kzPzh

Original song:

Edited by osmark86
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, osmark86 said:

Been on a bit of a creative streak so here comes an organic house-ish track I made last night. It was made using some samples from a cover of a song called You Were Good To Me by Jeremy Zucker & Chelsea Cutler.

My song:

https://soundcloud.com/bona-fidelity/never-leaving

Original song:

Track isn't appearing for me on SC for some reason. Love your stuff tho! Lots of good music.

32 minutes ago, osmark86 said:

Oops, public link to private song. Fixed it:  https://on.soundcloud.com/kzPzh

Also cheers mate. Really appreciate that :)

What a beautiful song! Love it. It truly conveys a slightly melancholy, sweet mood that’s fun to inhabit. Is that you on vocals with the pitch raised?

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

What a beautiful song! Love it. It truly conveys a slightly melancholy, sweet mood that’s fun to inhabit. Is that you on vocals with the pitch raised?

Sweet melancholy is my favorite place when penning stuff what can I say? ;)

No I wish I could sing like that, but that's actually the performance of this youtube singer I stumbled across. She sings wonderfully.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â