VT’s Music Chat

Mark Albrighton

6 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

The Stuart Cable 1990’s Stereophonics were bloody good.

is that the first album and half the second one? That bit was alright, even half the second album was crap though

After that, nails on blackboard time

24 minutes ago, bickster said:

is that the first album and half the second one? That bit was alright, even half the second album was crap though

Three of the first four tracks on the first album.

LA based punk band NOFX breaking up after 40 years. i get that bands come and go, but this is the first one that has genuinely upset me. i assumed they'd be one of those that just keeps going

9 hours ago, bickster said:

I was born in 94 and I loved them, my bunch of mates at school had oasis almost as an obvious given even then so you wouldn't put oasis on round someone's house it was the phonics

First real band I ever saw

Then it moved on the RHCP, by the way was a huge album, then the libs and then it all just went off in all different directions but phonics are a top 5 house party band from my youth

It's the Taylor Hawkins tribute concert this afternoon.  Still gutted I never saw them play live.  Wonder what's going to happen once these shows are over.  I think most of the members already had side projects away from the FF so I'm sure they'll be around in some shape or form.

As sad as it'll be watching this, it'll beat watching Villa getting annihilated by City.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, villa4europe said:

I was born in 94 and I loved them, my bunch of mates at school had oasis almost as an obvious given even then so you wouldn't put oasis on round someone's house it was the phonics

First real band I ever saw

Then it moved on the RHCP, by the way was a huge album, then the libs and then it all just went off in all different directions but phonics are a top 5 house party band from my youth

It’s odd, but in my head I’ve been putting you around 35 years old, not mid to late 20’s. 

Just now, villa4europe said:

🤦‍♂️ 84 not 94!

Ahhhh that makes sense, as I think it was you saying how drunk you were at an oasis gig in 2005. And since this morning I’ve been wondering how an 11 year old managed to acquire such a convincing fake ID.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

The taylor hawkins tribute is streaming live on youtube and is jolly good so far

Liam been on yet? 

Hater gonna hate... But they were mates, dave worked on the new album, think the day after Liam dedicated live forever to him at a festival, expecting him to do the same tonight

Edit - is that him from blink 182 on drums? Fair play to him... Good drummer 

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

Liam been on yet? 

Hater gonna hate... But they were mates, dave worked on the new album, think the day after Liam dedicated live forever to him at a festival, expecting him to do the same tonight 

been and gone. must've been one of the first on. didn't see him as he was on during the game but i've seen it back

dave played drums as the foos played a couple of oasis songs

15 minutes ago, Xela said:

I was gonna say! I was just about to lay into you for being a young whippersnapper! :D 

I'd love to say I had word gets around on at pre school but I'd be lying 

Not a clue back then but what I would say is its hilarious and incredible how in to becky hill my 2 year old is, my best mates missus went to school with her, I've never met but he has a fair bit, my German wife likes her, my daughter is obsessed with her... As a kiddy bloke living abroad always makes me smile 

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

As a big oasis fan I can actually take or leave rock n roll star but live forever is still incredible 

That's what 20 years after he should have been put out to pasture no one can touch him, it's so ingrained and still relevant 

I've been binging on the first 3 albums again (plus the Masterplan) over the last couple of weeks. Still superb and so iconic, for me at least. 

Crazy that all happened between 1994 and 1997.

I've only just realised that Definitely Maybe was released on 29th August 1994 and Noel walked out and effectively ended the band on 29th August 2009. Exactly 15 years. They've been split up 13 years - crazy how quick it goes. 

• Like 2

Was a really good concert. Dave Grohl was just so brilliant and so kind and so grateful for everything.

I'll never know how Brian May held it together singing Love Of My Life solo like that... With all the Freddie connotations and as well.

The whole thing came across so differently to most other tribute concerts, so little ego on show.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â