VT’s Music Chat

Mark Albrighton

On the subject of drummers it has to be King of the Double Bass Fill....Dave Lombardo...he is Next Level.

Lombardo's drum set-up in this live footage from Montreux Jazz Festival is Bonham epic level...

And...if you can't handle that here's some bitesize footage...

• Like 1

8 hours ago, leemond2008 said:

I'm pretty sure that John Paul Jones and Bonzo absolutely hated the track but they allowed it onto the album because it was about Plants son, could have been Paige who hated it and not Bohnam, I know that JPJ openly disliked it though

Page didn’t like it but understood the sentiment of the song. It was not a direction he wanted to pursue though 

8 hours ago, leemond2008 said:

oh man, I was all good, thought I was gunna call it a night and have my food and then I saw that Spotify have finally got Alex Harvey on there, they have got both Next and Framed on there, might as well just sat **** it and order me some uber eats drinks 

One of my grandads favourites 

15 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Just listening to led zeppelin physical graffiti on my record player. Double album. I don’t think side 1 or 2 ever got topped in terms of heavy rock. It’s so big and brash sounding. 

Custard Pie 

The Rover 

In My Time Of Dying 

Houses Of The Holy 

Trampled Underfoot 

Kashmir 

every song is gigantic. Not sure you’ll ever hear a more powerful drumming performance. Unbelievable sound they managed to get, especially Bonham on drums . 

Going to give this a listen again on the drive to my parents in a bit

PyZHwg2.gif

• Like 1

In one of those absent minded moments I was just sort of gazing in to space and thinking of Seat68

and whether he had found his copy of Blue Monday. My mind then drifted to the tale of how the packaging cost them money every time someone bought a copy. From there, I thought, what’s the most ‘complicated’ record I’ve got?

Well there are probably a few contenders, such as the SFA box set, but then they added extra cost so you paid for the toys that came with the box set.

But as a standard priced record, Guerilla by Super Furries takes some beating. A double album, because they decided it should be on 45rpm, gatefold sleeve, with a 3D pop out, a little insert sleeve, lyrics on the sleeves. Then the actual record includes the ‘hidden’ track ‘citizens band’. That track plays backwards. First few tracks play as normal you put the needle on the record and off you go. Last track doesn’t play, you have to put the needle to the end and it then plays on a reverse groove with the arm moving from centre to the outside.

Yeah, complicated.

• Like 2

Never found. It is still keeping me awake. 

My most complex record is a **** Pooh Sticks album. Empty tracks for no bloody good reason. Pointless. I may be wrong but I think either side is at different speeds. Arseholes. I love the album mind. 

Just discovered Brum Radio - Alternative Roots - it's bloody brilliant. 

The latest Alternative Roots on BrumRadio
Alternative Roots 10.10.21

EDIT: Actually, on further playing, it's not all that brilliant, much of it is forgettable. I just liked the fact that somebody is playing lesser-known singer-songwritery stuff. 

Edited by mjmooney

On 10/10/2021 at 19:48, chrisp65 said:

In one of those absent minded moments I was just sort of gazing in to space and thinking of Seat68 and whether he had found his copy of Blue Monday. M

FB_IMG_1634124727615.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

as i know el camino is a favourite on here...saw this morning on spotify there was a BBC Session recording of gold on the ceiling, tried to see what they were doing, turns out its a 10 year anniversary edition of el camino

vinyl looks like a triple including a full concert and a bbc session, out november 15th, in white and black or theres a £150 super edition 

31 years ago The Wedding Present released a seven inch single each month for a year. Limited edition and varying degrees of quality. 

They are doing this again, I don't intend to buy them but was intrigued by it, the price of the 7" delivered from the band direct? 15.49. Absolute daylight robbery. 

Just now, Seat68 said:

31 years ago The Wedding Present released a seven inch single each month for a year. Limited edition and varying degrees of quality.  

Christ, I remember being at Uni when they did that and a mate of mine who was an absolute Weddoes nutter collecting them all.

I feel old.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

Christ, I remember being at Uni when they did that and a mate of mine who was an absolute Weddoes nutter collecting them all.

I feel old.

I'd just left Uni I think, I was jaundiced enough even then to say. "I'll maybe buy the album next year" (I didn't)

7 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

They are doing this again, I don't intend to buy them but was intrigued by it, the price of the 7" delivered from the band direct? 15.49. Absolute daylight robbery. 

7" singles are really expensive for what they are these days. I very rarely buy them even in a shop

1 hour ago, Seat68 said:

I bought them and still have them but stopped buying weddoes stuff around 2004 so these releases are not going to be even considered. 

I still buy the odd one. Last one I bought was a 10” of a Huw Stevens session (all covers) because I really liked the version of Step Inside Love

2 hours ago, Seat68 said:

I bought them and still have them but stopped buying weddoes stuff around 2004 so these releases are not going to be even considered. 

I’ve seen the weddoes loads of times, but one time about maybe 15 years or 10 ago, I saw them in the Blackpool tower lounge, maybe 100 people there and it seemed kind of sad, just a 50 year old musician and his band churning it out on a cold winter evening in a half empty bar, probably because they had no other option. I guess it was around the time of El Rea. 

• Like 1

I just love a totally overboard person like this. Doing it just because he wants to. And building it himself (with custom made for parts and a lot of **** you money) instead of just chucking money at something off the shelf. 30 years in the making, what a thing.

And a 28000 vinyl collection to top it off :lol:

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â