Midweek Football 26/29 April

andykeenan

17 minutes ago, VillaAlex said:

Navas is an excellent goalkeeper but you can't let that in ffs

There’s not much he could have done really, the cross is coming in and there are two or three Manchester City players queuing up for the header so he’s got to stay in the middle of the goal or he looks like a right dickhead if one of them heads it into an empty net.  The ball goes past everybody and goes in so he ends up looking like a dickhead anyway but you’d still say he’s got to play the percentages when that cross comes in. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Please don't try to downplay Mbappe mate, just don't.

Not at all, just the 3/4 times I’ve seen him this season he seems to be starved of service. 
Edit: actually, forgot the first leg against Bayern, he was alright that night :lol: 

Edited by Genie
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Ive been unimpressed

3 minutes ago, Genie said:

Not at all, just the 3/4 times I’ve seen him this season he seems to be starved of service. 

The reason some of these things grind my gears, is because it's the same argument I have with people who will watch Jack in a few underwhelming games and then decide that he's overrated.

Someone watching the first half of this match, and seeing Foden for the first time could also make the same claim.

Mbappe is a serious player.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

The reason some of these things grind my gears, is because it's the same argument I have with people who will watch Jack in a few underwhelming games and then decide that he's overrated.

Someone watching the first half of this match, and seeing Foden for the first time could also make the same claim.

No doubt I was just saying ive been unimpressed tonight. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

It’s probably just me not being that clear. I’ve seen him be sublime many times he deserves to be part of the conversation of best player in the world currently. Just sometimes quiet, like tonight.

Neymar saw a fair amount of the ball but had to come deep and try and make something happen. M’bappe pretty anonymous tonight. 

• Like 1

Just now, Genie said:

It’s probably just me not being that clear. I’ve seen him be sublime many times he deserves to be part of the conversation of best player in the world currently. Just sometimes quiet, like tonight.

Neymar saw a fair amount of the ball but had to come deep and try and make something happen. M’bappe pretty anonymous tonight. 

and because he has set such high standards I was expecting more 

1 minute ago, Genie said:

Who mdo you rate more out of the two? Neymar or Mbappe?

Have seen many a passionate argument about that one as well. lol

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Who mdo you rate more out of the two? Neymar or Mbappe?

Have seen many a passionate argument about that one as well. lol

M’bappe has more talent for sure.

Neymar is a horrible little rat, but he was at least trying to make something happen tonight when the chips were falling. M’bappe maybe saving himself for the second leg. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LondonLax said:

When Mbappe has space to play on the counter there is no better player in the world. He took apart Barcelona and Bayern with their high line. 

Yes so great tactics by Pep to keep him so quiet. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â