Breakaway League

Jareth

4 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Why did they change their mind now? Can't just be the fans...

I think they realised the spending limits in this ESL actually hurt them. They're successful currently because they can outspend these teams. With the ESL limits, they will be actually less able to compete with Barca/Real, et al.

City and Chelsea don't actually need this league to survive. They're loaded. But as Liverpool and United want to be run like a business and turn a 'profit', they do.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

This is what I was initially going to link, apparently Chelsea don’t have the rights to their name or the pitch or something along those lines??

Yes Chelsea have a slightly weird situation in that the club doesn't own it's stadium, or it's name. It's owned by a NFP that in turn leases the stadium back to the club, and allows the club to use the name.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sulberto21 said:

I prefer the term cabal sounds much more sinister and evil.

Agreed Sulberto but my original cartel may be more accurate.

Chelsea

Arsenal

Ragchester

Tottering

Etihad

Liverplop

I rest my case!

UTV

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I will forgive Chelsea if they join the other 14 clubs to expell the remaining 5 and then vote to abolish FFP so NSWE can spend spend spend 

Thats where i am

Chelsea are not heroes but at least they showing some balls.

United will be the last

2 minutes ago, MessiWillSignForVilla said:

Personally I wouldn't mind if Chelsea only got "minor" punishments as a "good will" gesture for being the first to pull out, it's the ringleaders like Man Utd and Liverpool that need the heaviest punishments.

Exactly, those two owners need crushing. And Levy, obviously. 

The fans should be praised if these scummy clubs start dropping out, not the clubs.

The clubs are scum and only dropping like flies due to the disgust of the fans.

Well done to Chelsea fans (and any other fans against it)......f*** the scummy six.

• Like 3

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â