Breakaway League

Jareth

16 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I dont like this from Purslow

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/football/56812305

Sounds like they are ready to cave in to some symbolic concessions

Could well be the other tournament he is talking about is the Champions League in fairness. But if it refers to the Super League like it appears to, that's a huge concession they would be making.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Oh dear.

If they stay in the PL and get to have this silliness on the side it's the worst of both worlds.

They'll sit there getting stronger while the PL gets weaker.

I suspect it's going to come down to how much of the scraps they'll chuck down to the rest of the clubs.

I reckon I might try and get into ice hockey instead.

Edited by Davkaus

32 minutes ago, sidcow said:

"What we need to find is a way to enable these two tournaments to thrive and they won’t be better off without those clubs"

Wouldn't the two tournaments without those clubs be the Premier League and the Champions League as he previously mentioned clubs being expelled?
I surely hope that this is the case. The narrative certainly makes it very confusing though.

Edited by hong0311
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, Xela said:

I wouldn't pay £10k a season to watch football even if I was a millionaire. 

Neither would I and I can see alot of stadiums more empty because alienated fans can't get abroad for away games.

Already been on Man City's fan forum and there's some uproar against there Owner saying if it passes they are done with football.

So yeah no fans from Covid and now this that could make stadiums go without there usual big numbers even longer.

Traveling fans around England is different to regularly travelling away games to Europe, the cost rises an awful lot. Plus who would want to go watch an unexciting football game where there's no risk or reward involved of relegation or qualifying to tournaments, yet expected to pay way more to see games.

I feel sorry for the fans of these clubs who will have no choice but to give up football and seeing there club in action.

• Like 1

"What we need to find is a way to enable these two tournaments to thrive and they won’t be better off without those clubs," 

He’s got to be talking about the premier league and the champions league. 

He can’t be talking about the super league not having “those clubs” as that makes literally no sense.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Hey Yo ! 

Now let me tell you something, Tottenham Hotspur. When AC Milan came to the Bernabeu in 2022 dude, it didn’t matter that they had Zlatan ‘The Beak’ Ibrahimovic, it didn’t matter that they had Gianluigi Donarumma brother, because we were riding in the back of that White team bus and they saw Sergio Ramos, they saw Karim Benzema, they saw my brother from another mother Toni Kroos and they ran scared dude, so what you gonna do when the Los Blancos and the 24 strong galacticos run wild on you, brother?

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Utter shite from Purslow.

Have to be honest. Any sort of middle ground with ESL and I'm done with English football. It just can't be allowed. Utter utter wank from Purslow.

• Like 4

Just now, KenjiOgiwara said:

Utter shite from Purslow.

Have to be honest. Any sort of middle ground with ESL and I'm done with English football. It just can't be allowed. Utter utter wank from Purslow.

I think it's just poor news reporting.

• Like 4

I’m 99 per cent sure Purslow was talking about the Champions League and not the Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious League. 

Even if that’s true, though, I still think his most recent comments are too weak. 

• Like 2

He must have been talking about the champions League, there is no way the first paragraph runs with disgust at the big 6 to then later imply they'd be open to making things work concurrently with premier League and ESL. Makes no sense

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, a m ole said:

Now let me tell you something, Tottenham Hotspur. When AC Milan came to the Bernabeu in 2022 dude, it didn’t matter that they had Zlatan ‘The Beak’ Ibrahimovic, it didn’t matter that they had Gianluigi Donarumma brother, because we were riding in the back of that White team bus and they saw Sergio Ramos, they saw Karim Benzema, they saw my brother from another mother Toni Kroos and they ran scared dude, so what you gonna do when the Los Blancos and the 24 strong galacticos run wild on you, brother?

👏👏👏👏👏👏👏

• Thanks 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â