Breakaway League

Jareth

5 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Very similar story for me give or take a couple of years. We went as a family to watch the Villa at Blackpool and after at the fair I apparently hid in a Dalek and was missing for over an hour. The transition from third to that day at Highbury is staggering 

Why ? - did you go to Highbury as Dr Who ? 

Just now, sidcow said:

Simon Stone of BBC says reports elsewhere about fractures in the Scummy Six are unfounded and they are just waiting out the storm.

Yeah. I can't see them being nervous. The lower level admins got no say here. This has come together by billionaires wanting to create a US franchise system, to secure financial interest and not giving two **** about football as a sport or its history. The Glaziers and the Liverpool owners have probably continued dialog over this. They do the same across the pond.

The only way this will start shaking is if the FA, PL, UEFA and FIFA are getting political help to set them straight. Or maybe if Manchester City pulled away from it, but I can't see it happening. Greed is strong in this lot.

1 hour ago, sne said:

Sure the likes on Neymar, Messi, Pogba and so on will jump at the chance to make even more money. No idea about M'bappé or Haaland thou the latter has Raiola so he likely will.

Neymar is the big ticket as he is THE name the EA Sport FIFA kids idolizes. And of course Ronaldo with his 277 million Instagram following

There will be less, not more money for these players - that's one of the aims - to increase the revenue for the clubs and reduce what they have to pay out.

Barcelona at the moment would love to put in place a £200k a week cap on wages, but they can't do that because someone like Everton or us might sneak in and offer a global star £210k a week - that's competition they can't allow. They also can't afford to keep paying players £600k a week, that's why they're going bust.

Once they've taken a load of TV money off the teams that are outside the SL bubble, the twelve clubs will be in a position to impose a cap within the Super League, safe in the knowledge that they can set it too high for the now impoverished teams outside of the Super League to match, for players that won't want to play outside the Super League anyway, but within their affordable range so it keeps them profitable.

That's one of their stated aims - once they get into their SL bubble, they intend to reduce their wage bills.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Zatman said:

they already found Daniel Levy, a pathetic man looking to reclaim a power he never actually had

10 Things We Want From The Lord of the Rings: Gollum – GameSpew

err why have you posted a picture of Moyes? Wet Spam aren't involved.

If those 12 clubs were banned from European football for 2 or 3 years I might get interested again. Be nice to see some new teams getting into the CL. PSG and bayern might dominate for a while but that's no different to the Madrid domination we have seen recently. 

The arrogance of these owners is unbelievable. 

Kick them out of the clubs. Send the clubs to the bottoms of the pyramid and let them fight their way back up, would be pretty interesting with only 3 clubs able to get promoted from league 2 at a time. 

• Like 1

Just now, villa89 said:

If those 12 clubs were banned from European football for 2 or 3 years I might get interested again. Be nice to see some new teams getting into the CL. PSG and bayern might dominate for a while but that's no different to the Madrid domination we have seen recently. 

5 year transfer embargo, relegation, 100 points deducted for next season and banned from Europe for 5 years. Aside from banning them from the prem that is the best course of action I can think of. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, sne said:

Barcelona are by far the ones in the most dire financial trouble.

Spurs and Man U both took our £200m emergency loans last year.

This is the reason this won't go away.

These big boys have spent beyond their means and are going to go if drastic action isn't taken. 

Maybe not Utd, but Barca are actually in a disastrous position. 

27 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

based on my small knowledge of NFL film i think exactly the same, they should have put in the infrastructure to film it themselves and then just sell it to distributors years ago, its almost lazy that they haven't

my gripe then was that with all the footage that they have no one does anything with it other than the premier league years, its all going to waste whereas the NFL have a constant stream of output from it all

The reason the streaming thing or "PremFlix" won't happen is the same reason this IS happening. 

Man Utd don't want to share their 150m worldwide fans paying £5 each with Burnley.

They want it for themselves.

The PL or UEFA or whoever could have done this 10 years ago. Utd would have signed up then. Now? No chance.

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

Simon Stone of BBC says reports elsewhere about fractures in the Scummy Six are unfounded and they are just waiting out the storm.

I'm fully expecting this to get very ugly. I don't think it's going away.

The only way out is the PL kicking them out and hoping it fails. I don't even know if they'll be able to push that through when the Super League sides put their money together for lawyers. Remember City were happily going to ruin UEFA with their unlimited funds and many many solicitors.

If they're allowed to stay, PL need to figure out a way to drastically reduce their PL income if possible. Stop giving them any broadcast money. Any positional prizes. Cut them off.

Fans will eventually come back onside as well I think. It'll be hard for Arsenal fans to ignore it when they're suddenly buying Grealish and beating sides like Leicester again.

1 minute ago, Tommo_b said:

The arrogance of these owners is unbelievable. 

Kick them out of the clubs. Send the clubs to the bottoms of the pyramid and let them fight their way back up, would be pretty interesting with only 3 clubs able to get promoted from league 2 at a time. 

That League 2 would be interesting. Maybe Spurs can manage to be top 7.

9 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Yeah. I can't see them being nervous. The lower level admins got no say here. This has come together by billionaires wanting to create a US franchise system, to secure financial interest and not giving two **** about football as a sport or its history. The Glaziers and the Liverpool owners have probably continued dialog over this. They do the same across the pond.

The only way this will start shaking is if the FA, PL, UEFA and FIFA are getting political help to set them straight. Or maybe if Manchester City pulled away from it, but I can't see it happening. Greed is strong in this lot.

It’s all PR for them. Trying to win fans back. They won’t stop joining the league. 

1 minute ago, NoelVilla said:

That League 2 would be interesting. Maybe Spurs can manage to be top 7.

Conference be the best as only 2 teams go up, could imagine Arsenal losing the Conference play-off final to Kidderminster or Yeovil

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

There will be less, not more money for these players - that's one of the aims - to increase the revenue for the clubs and reduce what they have to pay out.

Barcelona at the moment would love to put in place a £200k a week cap on wages, but they can't do that because someone like Everton or us might sneak in and offer a global star £210k a week - that's competition they can't allow. They also can't afford to keep paying players £600k a week, that's why they're going bust.

Once they've taken a load of TV money off the teams that are outside the SL bubble, the twelve clubs will be in a position to impose a cap within the Super League, safe in the knowledge that they can set it too high for the now impoverished teams outside of the Super League to match, for players that won't want to play outside the Super League anyway, but within their affordable range so it keeps them profitable.

That's one of their stated aims - once they get into their SL bubble, they intend to reduce their wage bills.

Perhaps. The salary cap is supposed to be at 55% of revenue so if the revenue goes up with as much as being mentioned there will be plenty of money to sprinkle over the star players.

Edited by sne

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â