Breakaway League

Jareth

I think at the very least I'd want, in the UK, the 50%+1 rule to be enshrined in law, and additionally perhaps a ban from UEFA competitions for a year or two for attempting to undermine the CL, even if they lost their nerve and didn't go through with it. I think we'll see sweet **** all, though.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, hippo said:

Ok - that makes sense.

But the cynic in me suggests it has been left ambiguous for a reason. Several sources were interpreting it as reserved slots for elite clubs.

I think we are all nervous about what these people do and I’m far from convinced myself.  I can only read what they given me but it wouldn’t surprise me on anything.  I think what gives me comfort are these kind of people are so greedy they are obvious.  The ESL went too far.  The CL, like Klopp said, they’ve made more games to make their money off and that has been their focus and that’s why the “big teams” are peeved off because they wanted security with UEFA and they didn’t give them so this is where the ESL came from.

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I think we are all nervous about what these people do and I’m far from convinced myself.  I can only read what they given me but it wouldn’t surprise me on anything.  I think what gives me comfort are these kind of people are so greedy they are obvious.  The ESL went too far.  The CL, like Klopp said, they’ve made more games to make their money off and that has been their focus and that’s why the “big teams” are peeved off because they wanted security with UEFA and they didn’t give them so this is where the ESL came from.

I’m reading it as if Liverpool finish 8th in the PL, they will get a CL slot anyway due to their co-efficient.

• Like 1

Just now, ender4 said:

I’m reading it as if Liverpool finish 8th in the PL, they will get a CL slot anyway due to their co-efficient.

That's how I feel it will work too and it's bullshit.

Could be wrong tho.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ender4 said:

Surely their coefficient will be reduced if they fail to qualify this year though?

*Btw, I agree that it's complete bollocks.

5 minutes ago, ender4 said:

If they qualify for Europa League (below 4th and cup) or Champions League phase (assume 3rd or 4th) and that’s only if they are the highest co-efficient.  So they would need to earn a European place via league or cup and then have the highest coefficient in recent seasons.  So if it ends up both Munich and Liverpool have bad seasons but claim the lowest level of European qualifying in the prior season, then (although I don’t know the calc on the coefficient) Munich would edge them out for that spot.

Edited by nick76

6 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

That's how I feel it will work too and it's bullshit.

Could be wrong tho.

Not quite, how I’m reading is above.  They still have to qualify for a European place through CL phase or Europa

5 minutes ago, StanBalaban said:

Surely their coefficient will be reduced if they fail to qualify this year though?

*Btw, I agree that it's complete bollocks.

Coefficients are calculated over 5 previous years.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â