Breakaway League

Jareth

5 minutes ago, a m ole said:

I guess. Just because of how he romanticises football. I have him down as a traditionalist. We’ll see I guess, they’ll have to nail their colours to a mast at some point.

that traditionalist was ruined by that failed drugs test as a player ;)  

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, TheMelvillan said:

so i can only presume that Financial Fair Play has been a monstrous failure if the European Super League is the only way these clubs can stay afloat?

one can dream but I sincerely hope that a rationalisation of footballer transfer fees and wages comes out of this somehow

FFP affects all clubs - that's the problem - it's not just about reducing the debt these clubs have and making them profitable, it's got to be done without allowing competition. The Superleague allows them to have one rule for them and another rule for everyone else. That's why they need to separate.

3 minutes ago, TheMelvillan said:

as much as i hate to say it I do agree with Klopp that the players and managers are not the ones who should be targetted or abused for this.

the club owners - those too spineless to come out and explain the decisions themselves are the only people who should be getting grief at this point

Unfortunately the players and managers have to be the public face of this through no fault of their own. I'd agree that its a bit unjust that they have to take a bit of stick but in reality they have to realise that this abuse isn't aimed at them so much as the owners themselves.

To make a point you have to be seen by as many people as possible. Doing this before live games of football on TV is the best way to make this point.

Its why Klopp kicking up a fuss about some T-shirts that Leeds wore and left in the Liverpool dressing room is completely missing the point. This is aimed at the owners and unfortunately the managers and players are associated with the team that these owners own.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TheMelvillan said:

as much as i hate to say it I do agree with Klopp that the players and managers are not the ones who should be targetted or abused for this.

the club owners - those too spineless to come out and explain the decisions themselves are the only people who should be getting grief at this point

Yes but they need to complain at the owners not the media. Sadly these are the employees who the media can access so they will be the people getting the abuse

Like if you think this is a good idea

Shocked if you think this is a bad idea

thanks if you think this is where we were always going

sad if you think football is dead

confused if you can see both leagues somehow run in parallel 

Laugh if you think this will result in the CL being completely reformed and protecting the big lads

• Like 2

1 minute ago, lapal_fan said:

Laugh if you think this will result in the CL being completely reformed and protecting the big lads

Now you are just trying to get your own ratings improved .... not going to fall for it. 

7 minutes ago, TheMelvillan said:

yeah i do sympathise to an extent...but if, worst case, pep were to be sacked for voicing his opinion, it's not like they're going to be out of work for long. and i can't imagine he'll be concerned about paying his mortgage in the meantime.

so yes, i think they should absolutely be giving their opinions on the matter. would be nice to see some camaraderie between the managers too. klopp has had his say, the others should too.

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

If only Captain Jack was there asking the tough questions, get into his head before tomorrow game

"Pep, what's your favourite biscuit?

oh?  really?  I think you're wrong there and I can't personally look past the good old english digestive buscuit, but there you go." 

5 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Can't even get yourself a £7 pie down the harriers anymore 

Embarrassing what they charge, not sure what Worcester do anymore after their money troubles 

I would say go watch my cousin at malvern but he's a blue nose so **** him 

It seems that Worcester City are £8, which is more like it. I want a club that I can go to regularly, rather than as a 'treat'. 

3 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

This isnt Facebook mate. Keep that crap on there.

• Haha 2
  • Shocked 1

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

Don't know where this came from,  but he's speaking against it at length

twitter...serves me right for believing guff i read on there 😳

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â