Breakaway League

Jareth

3 minutes ago, TheStagMan said:

Its the fans of these clubs I feel for. They did not ask for this (most of them). If they are kicked out of the Premier, Champions and Europa Leagues, the fans are the ones that suffer. Long term they end up watching a club with no soul playing some horrible horrible bastardised brand of Americanised exhibition "Soccer" against the same stale teams with literally nothing to play for. The fans who do stick with them will be rubbing shoulders with real glory hunters or literally just those who want to watch because their favourite money-grabbing player is there. No soul in their football any more. 

At least we still reside in our historic ground, and have strong links with our local area, with an excellent academy. These plastic clubs will have nothing, all to make a few rich people richer still. Sickening. 

As for the players, yes they took the money, but similarly they did not ask for this and most of them would likely be as horrified as we are. 

Ideally we get rid of the people behind this, not the clubs. Why should the fans of those clubs suffer because of the greed of their owners. Unfortunately I cannot think of a way to do just that. 

But they have bottom filling pint glasses. 

42 minutes ago, sne said:

Bit like thinking that if we just let them have Poland they will leave the rest of Europe alone. The people running these clubs want the whole world.

Yeah I went there :D 

Let them play in Russia. In the winter.

Edited by The Fun Factory
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, TheStagMan said:

Unfortunately I cannot think of a way to do just that. 

Imagine the government lawyers are all over that problem right now. Forcing the sale of the offending clubs is the only viable option. Parliament will vote through any necessary legislation just to avoid a summer of rioting. 

Can I point out that if William McGregor had done this in 1888, all the teams who want to be in the Super League wouldn't even exist*

*except they would as people would have got bored if it and they'd have had to revert to a priper competition eventually.

1 minute ago, jacketspuds said:

Thing is we don’t need those 6 clubs in the PL. They are the ones that have driven player prices and wages through the roof. Without them it may just be possible to get a bit more financial stability across the leagues.

Or the leagues to collapse. They aren't exactly in the best of health.

14 minutes ago, TheStagMan said:

Its the fans of these clubs I feel for. They did not ask for this (most of them).

Yep - I read somewhere earlier, it's important to remember that this isn't Liverpool, it's John Henry, it isn't Spurs, it's Joe Lewis, it isn't Manchester Utd, it's Joel Glazer etc.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Let them play in Russia. In the winter.

8 minutes ago, StanBalaban said:

Or send them to Coventry.

The russian front or cov?

Bloody harsh, at least some of them might make it back from russia.

Edited by ciggiesnbeer

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â