Breakaway League

Jareth

I just can't see how these clubs can join a super league and be allowed to remain part of the Premier League. The financial advantage they would have would be astronomical and with it being a closed shop would mean no club outside of the six chosen ones could aspire to replace them. You take away aspiration and you lose a massive part of why we all follow football. 

Every team outside of these 6 could only ever realistically at best finish 7th. Even if by some miracle they finish 5th/3rd or even win the league the financial reward for doing so would still pale into insignificance compared to one of these six who could finish 17th/18th or even bottom.

• Like 4

it is still very quiet from the players' side. It'll be interesting to see where they stand, especially now that they are being threatened to miss out on European and World Cups. I know most fans think players just follow the money, but I think there are a lot of players who see no greater honor than to represent their country (Brazilians come to mind).

Also, imagine the players coming out for their next games wearing shirts saying 'I will not play in the Super League'. What will the owners do? Fire them all? (never happening in a million years of course).

4 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Ball-cam for super-up close kick shots in the Zone

“And the ball goes out FOR A CORNER SET PIECE LEG STRIKE ATTEMPT! Of course, corners are brought to you buy Dunkin’ Donuts. America runs on Dunkin’.”

”Fernandes takes the corner and it is immediately claimed by Lloris. Lloris claiming corners taken by Fernandes is brought to you by State Farm Insurance. And now that corner has been claimed, we will take the one minute post set-piece break brought to you by KFC. It remains Manchester United - 0 Tottenham Hotspur - 0 and we will be right back after these messages”

Edited by Spoony
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

If I am unable to eat your cake today, I would like you to put it to one side so that I can eat it tomorrow.

and if you happen to get anymore cake tomorrow or the next day I will be having that as well just so you know

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

I just can't see how these clubs can join a super league and be allowed to remain part of the Premier League. The financial advantage they would have would be astronomical and with it being a closed shop would mean no club outside of the six chosen ones could aspire to replace them. You take away aspiration and you lose a massive part of why we all follow football. 

Every team outside of these 6 could only ever realistically at best finish 7th. Even if by some miracle they finish 5th/3rd or even win the league the financial reward for doing so would still pale into insignificance compared to one of these six who could finish 17th/18th or even bottom.

Money talks 

They aren't football clubs they are profit driven multinationals .

They aren't bothered why we trooped down to VP for well over 100 years 

5 minutes ago, AXD said:

Also, imagine the players coming out for their next games wearing shirts saying 'I will not play in the Super League'. 

Looking forward to that from Fabian Delph:lol:

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Spoony said:

“And the ball goes out FOR A CORNER SET PIECE LEG STRIKE ATTEMPT! Of course, corners are brought to you buy Dunkin’ Donuts. America runs on Dunkin’.”

”Fernandes takes the corner and it is immediately claimed by all Otis. Lloris claiming corners taken by Fernandes is brought to you by State Farm Insurance. And now that corner has been claimed, we will take the one minute post set-piece break brought to you by KFC. It remains Manchester United - 0 Tottenham Hotspur - 0 and we will be right back after these messages”

Important words from our sponsors there Carl

Now back deep in the third corner and Hotspurs turn over another attacking play from United 

11 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

The financial advantage they would have would be astronomical and with it being a closed shop would mean no club outside of the six chosen ones could aspire to replace them.

As opposed to the last 20 years 🤣

Just now, hippo said:

Apparently there are going to topless birds selling the programme s...........perhaps we've all been a bit hasty ?

Always supported the idea of ESL in principle myself 

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

As opposed to the last 20 years 🤣

Ask Man City, Leicester and Chelsea if that's true.

Ipswich, Sunderland and Charlton were in the top ten twenty years ago.Man City were relegated.

Nothing ever changes eh.

• Like 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â