Breakaway League

Jareth

So clearly the "Another few clubs expected to be announced soon" comments are to do with Porto, Bayern Munich etc. I truly hope they stick to their guns and it's not just awaiting legal wranglings being sorted in their respective countries.

This is effectively the death of football right here if this goes ahead.

They already know the outrage it will cause and they are there sat in their billionaire mansions supping Champagne and patting themselves on the back totally separated from the reality of the damage they have done and writing off European supporters in favour of the new Asian/US/African plastic fans they think they will attract. They have literally stolen the biggest European clubs from their fan bases and will now go and market them elsewhere and sod everyone else.

It is a disgrace to humanity and they truly need to be brought to book by whatever means necessary. Sadly the names of those 6 clubs has been damaged forever by this.

Edited by danceoftheshamen
  • Like 1

Just now, avfcDJ said:

Amount of work done today: 1 hour

amount of reading this thread and listening to Talksport: 3 hours.

I'm at 6 hours VT

1 hour lunch and VT

Going into a teams meeting now. But I will still be on VT lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, romavillan said:

Completely 100% this. The irony is of course that by making one simple change to this, by having promotion and relegation to this league (by winning your domestic league and having playoffs to promote 3 teams to it or something) it would instantly become much more interesting a project. The games would mean a hell of a lot more if once relegated you had to win your own league to have a chance of getting back in. The thing that they are too scared to implement is the thing that would make it work.Being too scared to implement it and making it a closed shop goes against everything that makes football great. It cannot work surely.

That's kind of the Champion's League, No?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Lochheads twin said:

How can do many smart people get something so wrong!

Greed!!💰💰💰

I have not heard much on where the billions of Euro will come from. I can only assume TV and sponsorship.

If the fans respond with boycotts as they did the the Covid TV charging that may shorten the longevity of this enterprise.

I also hope the Premier League, FA, EUFA et al, hold their nerve. They may actually have a stronger position than previously thought.

UTV

It doesn't matter about English or European fans. Asians, Africans and Americans don't care about the traditions of the game. 

1 minute ago, GingerCollins29 said:

I agree, what would you do? Points deductions and european bans?

Exactly that. And change the payments in the league to make it more equal from top to bottom. 

1 minute ago, HKP90 said:

That's kind of the Champion's League, No?

No as the champs league expanded to include top 4, it is a cup and not a league despite the group stages, and you don't stay in next years champaions league by not getting relegated.

1 minute ago, Chindie said:

'New spots for elite teams that failed to qualify'

Even without this American franchise League the game's buggered.

Imagine just writing that. Just how? I'd vomit before I could get half way in that sentence.

1 minute ago, romavillan said:

No as the champs league expanded to include top 4, it is a cup and not a league despite the group stages, and you don't stay in next years champaions league by not getting relegated.

Can't we just scrap it all and get the European cup and 1st divison back? You know? When the champions cup actually were for champions. Shit that was a novel concept.

Edited by KenjiOgiwara
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

I'm prepared to believe that long-term, a post-restructuring domestic British league would be in a more sustainable place in terms of its costs via wages. But the short-term challenge will be to avoid 30 or 40 bankruptcies of the remaining teams in the PL and most of the Championship, very much including ourselves, and the big problem 'we' (as a collective) have is that there's only *maybe* 15 clubs to sell players into and everyone is going to need to be selling their most valuable assets, which will drive down prices.

And this should be a massive worry for players and agents - if you're Jack Grealish, then you'll be fine, a Super League club will pick you up and pay you similar money to what you're on now, but if you're Matt Cash, Douglas Luiz, John McGinn and so on - are you good enough to get there, are you amongst the top 300 odd footballers in the world?

If you're not in the best 30 in the world in your position, you're not getting into the Superleague and if you're not getting into the Super league, that £60k a week you're on now isn't staying around - you're going to have to budget for a huge pay cut - you're going to have to budget for a quarter of your money. 

I hope players can see that.

At the very, very top, there will be controls in the bubble that mean they don't have to pay Haaland a million pound a week because there will be nowhere else for him to go, they can restrict it and he'll have his earnings ceiling reduced - there's a narrow band of around 250 footballers that will be okay - for everyone else, this is a move to lower wages.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Chindie said:

'New spots for elite teams that failed to qualify'

Even without this American franchise League the game's buggered.

so now we're at pick your poison, the better alternative solution to the super league is still a complete load of bollocks that'll ruin football, its just a complete load of bollocks that'll ruin football controlled by the assholes who already own a competition thats a complete load of bollocks and ruining football

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â