Breakaway League

Jareth

cant wait to see next seasons fixture list. Thursday 9am kick offs for the greedy 6 I would hope!

I would also like to see an agressive uprising on illegal streaming and sharing on the internet - everyone banding together to remove any semblence of revenue streams for them all

though ironically I probably still wouldnt watch. BT getting the rights to Champs League kinda killed any interest I ever had in it anyway

Just now, Mantis said:

Yes but what I'm saying is that the opposition to this from fans, especially fans of the clubs involved, will have much more of an impact than the opposition we all expressed when Russia and Qatar were awarded the World Cup.

Gotcha, sorry 🙌

10 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Nope not for me. Villa would have sold out and i would be disgusted

Yeah like I said, it's easy for us to say. If Villa were paying you 100 grand a week and you'd be turning your back on that I would guess you'd fell differently.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Liverpool fans are pissed if cant play in Champions League, they are waiting for Klopp opinion on this 

Klopp in 2019: “I hope this Super League will never happen. With the way the CL is now running, football has a great product, even with the Europa League. "For me, the Champions League is the Super League, in which you do not always end up playing against the same teams.

Liverpool fans will clearly be against it, and Klopp has been against it in the past, so you'd think it should be very easy for him to still be against it knowing he will have the backing of the whole city (even the blue bit) while sticking ti his stated principles.  I do believe he's a man of honour so I hope he will be consistent.  He will also be aware of his previous comments so any silence on the matter will be just as loud.

That's a good point actually. If the SL goes ahead, and the teams are no longer a part of the domestic scene and FA/UEFA banner, could players just leave Liverpool like a normal job and move somewhere else?

I'm not saying it would make any difference to anything but I would love to see Klopp resign. Liverpool are on a downward spiral and he would walk into any job in Germany where this Super League wont be corrupted by.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

Olympics is 1 in 4. Diamond league is yearly. If you are an athlete which one are you focused on? If you're a spectator, which one do you want tickets for?

You can't compare Olympics to football. That is a gymkhana held every four years for sports most people don't care about. The IOC had 2 bids in for the next 2 Olympics and Tokyo is going to lose a fortune on it. It is declining in popularity. 

I suspect most football consumers in Asia are not that bothered about the World Cup as their favourite characters are in different costumes and do  not necessarily play a lot of matches.

You have to take the perspective of not the traditional European based football fan but this new market. 

We my friend are an irrelevance now.

Edited by The Fun Factory

1 minute ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

That's a good point actually. If the SL goes ahead, and the teams are no longer a part of the domestic scene and FA/UEFA banner, could players just leave Liverpool like a normal job and move somewhere else?

They're still under contract to the club I expect. 

More than likely their agents will be asking for bumper payrises.

I have a feeling Klopp will speak out on this and it'll be one of those moments in football history - it is a major error of the whole plan leaving it up to managers and players in press conferences to take the flak, they won't take it is my bet. 

15 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

Who knows what will happen in regards to this mess but no chance in hell will the clubs come "crawling back". The clubs will disassociate themselves with all FA and UEFA comps and form their own FA before that happens.

I don't know. There's no certainty this league will be a success. When the interest of it drops, the money drops, but the wages won't. Thus you'll end up in the same greedy situation you see now.

1 minute ago, Jareth said:

I have a feeling Klopp will speak out on this and it'll be one of those moments in football history - it is a major error of the whole plan leaving it up to managers and players in press conferences to take the flak, they won't take it is my bet. 

Steve Bruce is already eyeing up a move

2 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

That is a gymkhana held every four years for sports most people don't care about. The IOC had 2 bids in for the next 2 Olympics and Tokyo is going to lose a fortune on it. It is declining in popularity.

I would say the exact opposite. THe beauty of the Olympics is that for 2 weeks every 4 years, people care deeply about sports they dont care about.

The reason countries dont bid for the Olympics is because it costs a fortune to prepare a country to host it and can bankrupt countries like it did to Greece and to a lesser extent, Brazil. A country has to be exceptionally well organised to build infrastructure that will have a legacy, like it did with London 2012. The Olympics is more popular then ever.

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

he thinks the Super League is something about the new rugby league season

"Super League can only mean one thing... Super Kebabs"

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â