Breakaway League

Jareth

1 minute ago, danceoftheshamen said:

I do not like that statement from Fifa above 

""

After it was announced on Sunday, Fifa expressed its "disapproval" of the proposed competition and called on "all parties involved in heated discussions to engage in calm, constructive and balanced dialogue for the good of the game".

World football's governing body previously said it would not recognise such a competition, and any players involved could be denied the chance to play at a World Cup.""

That looks already like caving in to me. They initially said they would not recognise it and players "could" be denied the chance to play a World cup and now it's altered to "We dissaprove and we need to engage in calm balanced discussion for the good of the game"

Bunch of corrupt weaklings

Did you expect anything else from FIFA? They gave the World Cup to a country in the desert ffs. They are part of the greed machine. As long as they get their brown paper bags they'll all fall into line.

• Like 3

Only hope for me is players and some managers take a stand, apparently Kai Havertz was quoted in german paper as calling these proposals a joke so hopefully that's the mood in their dressing room and the other clubs.

Majority of players still want to win stuff so playing in this would leave no time to play in the domestic cups which is always a get out of jail free card for likes of Arsenal and Chelsea in recent seasons when their league campaigns don't go to plan.

You're Bruno Fernandes. You've gone on record as saying you want to win stuff, instead he's potentially signing up for next 5 years of his career just to finish 8th/9th in the super league each season and potentially not be allowed to play for Portugal and win something with them.

Clubs like Man. United and Arsenal will just become versions of us and Everton, neither have won the domestic league for a combined 25 years now so demotivating for the players regardless of what they're being paid.

1 minute ago, danceoftheshamen said:

""

After it was announced on Sunday, Fifa expressed its "disapproval" of the proposed competition and called on "all parties involved in heated discussions to engage in calm, constructive and balanced dialogue for the good of the game".

World football's governing body previously said it would not recognise such a competition, and any players involved could be denied the chance to play at a World Cup.""

That looks already like caving in to me. They initially said they would not recognise it and players "could" be denied the chance to play a World cup and now it's altered to "We dissaprove and we need to engage in calm balanced discussion for the good of the game"

ESL just delivered a steamer trunk full of gold bullion to the headquarters of FIFA. 

They must know that if they cave on this for whatever reason it will be the end of their authority over football. 

• Like 1

Do PL/FA listed clubs have a vote in keeping clubs in the league system? Is there some sort of voting power?

Just asking cause if these clubs try to **** everyone by stealing an unfair advantage. Is there any way they can be removed by the participating clubs if the PL remain passive?

How can do many smart people get something so wrong!

Greed!!💰💰💰

I have not heard much on where the billions of Euro will come from. I can only assume TV and sponsorship.

If the fans respond with boycotts as they did the the Covid TV charging that may shorten the longevity of this enterprise.

I also hope the Premier League, FA, EUFA et al, hold their nerve. They may actually have a stronger position than previously thought.

UTV

4 minutes ago, danceoftheshamen said:

""

If this all gets swept under the carpet and it's allowed to go on as is then I'm done.

It'll end up with the ESL being the clubs priority, hoarding players and registering an A team for the Super League and a B team for the Premier League and it's associated cups. Effectively like playing your reserves in the FA Cup.

8 minutes ago, magnkarl said:

Man City were in division 2 not too long ago. I don't get how they can be so history-blind. They wouldn't even be in the PL if we had a closed shop. Disgusting.

That was 22 years ago and means absolutely nothing. They have won the Premier League 4 times since and are the richest club in the world. More of their fans today probably dont remember that than do.

19 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Every part of me things that PL, UEFA, FIFA etc will all cave in and come to some sort of compromise to stop this whole thing.

That's the endgame. It's all just posturing at the moment. 

2 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Do PL/FA listed clubs have a vote in keeping clubs in the league system? Is there some sort of voting power?

Just asking cause if these clubs try to **** everyone by stealing an unfair advantage. Is there any way they can be removed by the participating clubs if the PL remain passive?

Yep, each PL club can vote other teams out. It's not going to end well.

1 minute ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

The voting structure needs 14 clubs to agree to pass new rules and stuff so feasibly yes the clubs not invited with no prospect of ever getting in could just club together and vote out the splitters, it's a bit like the Rangers situation in 2012 when SPL basically voted to relegate them to the lowest pro Scottish league despite people thinking it wouldn't happen.

This imitative may well flop.  but the fundamental problem remains - we have owners who have purchased clubs as an asset - they want to maximise that asset - and terms of money the way to do that is to get the big clubs playing each other as often as possible.

A nerve tingling promotion or relegation  battle may get fans on the edge of there seats - as does a team coming from nowhere to gatecrash the top 4. But to the owners it represents a threat to their income. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â