Breakaway League

Jareth

Well starting now.. today, i will personally be boycotting anything related to those teams. I will not watch a single game involving them as frankly it would turn my stomach.

If everyone did the same and viewing figures plummeted each time they played their awful and rather boring closed shop league and we all instead rammed the stadiums for all the other games which did not involve them then it might have some impact. 

For me in, in the UK, most fans do not support those clubs. Of course you get the top wearers who basically do nothing more than buy a top and spout off when they win (but hide when they lose) but for me most people, and for 100% certain the huge majority of genuine match attending / season ticket holding fans in say the East Mids still support Derby/Forest/Leicester (still a lot of Villa up here too actually). In the West Mids it'sstill mainly Villa, Wolves, West Brom and a few Sha etc. 

So what i am saying is the passion for the sport in the UK (certainly in the stadiums) is mainly driven by genuine fans of local clubs right the way down the pyramid. Lose this and you lose to soul of football. 

Overseas they are basically just top wearers anyhow who jump team as quick as turn the TV over. Of course they pay for viewing rights but how boring that would be to see the same bunch of teams without any genuine fear of losing/relegation etc. I personally feel if the passion over here moves away from those teams it will trickle down and eventually impact on viewing figures due to a weak product.

So I will not be watching the Leeds game tonight as the other team they are playing is one of those soul-less clubs who tried to rob & destroy my club. 

Shame on them all.

2 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

That's not how it works methinks. Even in large companies it's the majority shareholders that decide. 50 million fans isn't a unified single shareholder. Quite the opposite.

50+1% would mean fan majority ownership. 

Granted it would be unlikely that all of the fans were unified on any subject, but I was really being facetious to highlight that I don’t think that most fans know what they want for breakfast let alone how to support a long term strategy (myself included!).

7 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

has to be related to the ESL. a week before league cup final is very odd timing

Have you not seen them play? They are in free fall and I'd say Levy wants rid of the poison that is mourinho to give everyone a boost before the worthington cup final. It's nothing to do with the ESL although mourinho might claim it is to save face. Wouldn't surprise me if the players forced Levy's hand too. 

4 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

I don’t like the idea of fan owned teams if i’m honest. 
If fans had real power over the running of the club, we’d have a new manager every time we lost a game.

Not really how it works, just means that fans have a say and a vote at annual member meetings and such. Fans don't get to meddle in every little decision made at club level, there is still a board, CEO and DOF who handles all the micro management. 

Does however mean that most investors would be hesitant to put big money in as they would not have the final say in how the club is ran.

• Like 1

The football authorities need to act today before the Judas crew get any momentum behind them. Ban them from all domestic competition with immediate effect, bar players at their clubs from international football. 

Both remain in place unless or until the clubs involved withdraw from the ESL, their players barred from international games until they transfer to teams outside the ESL. No messing around, smash these clubs in the face. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, maqroll said:

Not sure I agree with that. Gary Neville did not pull any punches and it was heartfelt. If you love and understand and respect  the sport and it's traditions and history etc., you will be outraged by this no matter your personal financial stakes. 

I posted this having read a tweet from the Vice President of the European Commission. I don't doubt Neville etc more the actual decision makers.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, villa89 said:

Have you not seen them play? They are in free fall and I'd say Levy wants rid of the poison that is mourinho to give everyone a boost before the worthington cup final. It's nothing to do with the ESL although mourinho might claim it is to save face. Wouldn't surprise me if the players forced Levy's hand too. 

They are in free fall.

Apart from Kane and Son their team is bang average. Same with Arsenal.

They've hit the Jackpot and is never in a million years walking away from this.

3 minutes ago, villa89 said:

seems like following last night's news he refused to take training

it's very much to do with ESL

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

They are in free fall.

Apart from Kane and Son their team is bang average. Same with Arsenal.

They've hit the Jackpot and is never in a million years walking away from this.

Free fall?

They are a win outside qualifying for Europe, have a cup final next week, have several world class players, a world class stadium... 

Free fall is a tad OTT.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

50+1% would mean fan majority ownership. 

Granted it would be unlikely that all of the fans were unified on any subject, but I was really being facetious to highlight that I don’t think that most fans know what they want for breakfast let alone how to support a long term strategy (myself included!).

I'm just pointing out that you're saying fans will be unified about things. Which they absolutely guaranteed will not be. You can see this on this forum every time we've sacked or hired a coach.

Fan ownership isn't a problem when it comes to managerial instability.

Edited by KenjiOgiwara

1 minute ago, tomav84 said:

seems like following last night's news he refused to take training

it's very much to do with ESL

It's a PR job for Jose. While I'm sure he might feel that way this is a very convenient hill to die on.

• Like 3

Just now, Rino8 said:

It's a PR job for Jose. While I'm sure he might feel that way this is a very convenient hill to die on.

If there's one thing he's the best at, its diverting attention from something he doesn't want people to focus on. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â