Match Thread: Villa v Wolves

limpid

Thought Villa outplayed Portugal at their own game in the 1st half. Just needed more luck with the second ball in the box.

McGinn’s best half of football for some time and I like the look of Sanson. Watkins also much better.

Word of warning though. Seen Portugal soaking up pressure in the 1st half so many times this season only to hit teams late in the 2nd half with a sucker punch.

• Haha 1

Just now, PieFacE said:

I'd like to see more from Bert. He has the ability to change this game but just isn't showing it. Not saying he's playing bad or anything, just know he can do better.

The guy when he wants to can be an absolute game changer. 

2 minutes ago, Mister_a said:

I fail to see the point in writing off the team before the first half has finished.

I'm highlighting a trend in the way we play, and we can rest assured that if Wolves make a change that tips the balance DS won't respond - he never does.

Can't recall the last time we were good over 2 halves.  Might be Liverpool?  Point is, its rare, and that 1st half had everything but a goal, Wolves are a 2nd half team, so its really not in our favor

1 minute ago, PieFacE said:

I'd like to see more from Bert. He has the ability to change this game but just isn't showing it. Not saying he's playing bad or anything, just know he can do better.

Ability don't matter when you have the decision making of an 8 year old

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

It's like drunken sex, the beer gets your A game from talkin the talk, foreplay and action but the final play puts a downer on the finale, so you wake up to her next day knowing your just couldn't get the deal over the line and you know shes telling you not to come back or thinking clearing in the woods you spoilt it.

But is there a second chance??

Your nights out are nothing like mine!! 😂

• Thanks 1

Well done Dean Smith, they should be targeting Elmo and have play Traore there as a bluff, they are trying to get Neto on it and Deano anticipated that and played Traore as a block, marvelous.

Now if we could just have the rub of the green for once and we put these away.

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

looks like Luiz, Sanson & McGinn give us a balanced and busy midfield.

Sanson is a ball winner which helps massively.

I like Ramsey but he still looks lightweight to me.

Edited by villalad21