Team shape, tactics and personnel

MaVilla

56 minutes ago, nepal_villan said:

Starting to wonder if Emery wants to attack from the left and is putting the handbrakes on our right sided players like Philogene, Kosta and even Bailey to a degree, as he seems less adventurous this season. Maybe that's also why he chose Bogarde for that stretch of games.

Wonder no more. It is happening and has been since Emery's been here.

I don't think that's a key thing that's been part of our success. I think it's a real anchor round our necks. Konsa made that stupid pass because no one wants to pass the ball into the right channel.

I want to understand the thinking. Can't stand it.

The RB issue has been obvious since Emery has walked through the door. I can’t believe how negligent we’ve been with it. Maatsen is great but did we really need another LB when our left side is absolutely appalling?

Our entire side looks unbalanced at the moment.

We lack width and we moving through the gears so slowly that other teams are able to two easily shut down our wide players, Bailey today had three people on him every time he got forward.

I would drop Ramsey and play Maatsen wide left vs Munich. I think Onana isn't playing well but we don't have another defensive midfielder we can use.

4 hours ago, DCJonah said:

That was ugly. 

I'm not convinced that's our best starting 11. I'm not convinced Rogers is best in that 10 position. I'm not convinced we are better off with konsa as rb.

It seems to be a weird mentality that we improve the squad a fair bit in the summer yet only 11-12 players are actually trusted to start prem games. We had this for years under MON yet we knew his limitations so I'm a bit bemused six weeks into the season why Unai isn't mixing up the team now. When we had Moreno and Digne we were rotating them most weeks depending on opposition yet we can't do the same with a guy who started a CL final four months ago?

I'd be starting Maatsen and Barkley v Man. United for sure. Duran is a more difficult call due to Ollie now on 4 goals from 3 games and all else he offers us plus we look pap with two out and out strikers.

Also need Konsa back central so hopefully Ned has worked hard on the training ground to iron out whatever flaws that wasn't liked in his August cameos.

2 hours ago, Bazmonkey said:

We allow them to sit back because we are so slow moving the ball.

So many times today we would get forward..either hit the brakes...or cut back.

This mentality also won't be good enough to beat an even worse Man. United team than last season next weekend. Straight from the first minute today Spurs were running at them directly, forcing overloads and just being as positive as you can be.

Just checking back all the time will mean they get more men behind the ball and get blocks in from the chances we create.

We need to be winning that game after today's dropped points.

• Like 1

Assuming players develop as expected, this would be my starting 11 when everyone is fit.

I wasnt 100% sure about the RW, so i just put Bailey, McGinn, Jaden & Ramsey competing for that slot.

image.png.050c1a7a2a72c8932f7ff45491bb3f33.png

18 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Assuming players develop as expected, this would be my starting 11 when everyone is fit.

I wasnt 100% sure about the RW, so i just put Bailey, McGinn, Jaden & Ramsey competing for that slot.

image.png.050c1a7a2a72c8932f7ff45491bb3f33.png

I like Tielemans in that 10 role. 

Just now, DCJonah said:

I like Tielemans in that 10 role. 

i wondered if it might be a bad idea to move Rogers from the 10 role, as he seems to be a big part of Emery's tactics through the centre, but at the same time, if we have Kamara, Onana and Tielemans fit, i would 100% want to wedge them all in somehow, hence Rogers on the left, and i think he would do great there tbh, cutting inside and Maasten overlapping.

• Like 1

I know we were hamstrung financially in the summer, but still and all I thought it was plain to see there needed to be an improvement in balance and/or quality at RB/RCB, so it makes it doubly frustrating to see it play out so obviously to start the season. It was the weakest aspect of the side last season and has remained the case this time around.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â