Team shape, tactics and personnel

MaVilla

On 15/08/2024 at 17:00, CVByrne said:

That's a really good record, only 8 goals from turnovers when we are a team who play out from the back and try beat the press with killer pass. 

I'd like to see how many goals we conceded from set piece and crosses into the box. That was our big issue last season

I think set pieces v crosses, poses a slightly different question.

Crosses can be stopped at source, set pieces cannot.

Other than saying we topped the league, this is a fantastic preview of our season and signings

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Dodgyknees said:

Other than saying we topped the league, this is a fantastic preview of our season and signings

at roughly 3m 5sec he said he's not sure how we will build up from the back when Kamara returns, as Kamara isnt very good on the ball.

I stopped watching there, he clearly doesnt actually know much about our players and is just making content for clicks.

Edited by MaVilla

16 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

at roughly 3m 5sec he said he's not sure how we will build up from the back when Kamara returns, as Kamara isnt very good on the ball.

I stopped watching there, he clearly doesnt actually know much about our players and is just making content for clicks.

Yah that's a failure but he makes a lot of really good points.

9 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

I was looking for somewhere to post this. The Jhon Duran one cracked me up. I still imagine every commentator gets Emiliano Martinez wrong during the season.

who of our team, do you think is genuine, nailed on top 4 quality right now?

for me, Martinez, Maatsen, Pau, Konsa, Onana, Kamara, Tielemans and Rogers currently, so 7 or 8 of our first 11 in my opinion.

I think we are 3-4 players from being an actual, genuine top 4 team.

Some others may be, but fall just short i think, such as being a top 6 or top 8 player imo, or might be a top 4 player with development, or if they are younger and have time to develop, etc.

(note: just because we finished top 4 last season, doesnt mean all our players are top 4 quality, Emery worked miracles with the squad last season to get us top 4).

7 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

for me, Martinez, Maatsen, Pau, Konsa, Onana, Kamara, Tielemans and Rogers currently, so 7 or 8 of our first 11 in my opinion.

Some others may be, but fall just short i think, such as being a top 6 or top 8 player imo, or might be a top 4 player with development, or if they are younger and have time to develop, etc.

(note: just because we finished top 4 last season, doesnt mean all our players are top 4 quality, Emery worked miracles with the squad last season to get us top 4).

And Watkins. And Bailey.

Edited by thunderball

5 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

I think it’s quite amazing that after two poor games you’ve written Ollie off as not top 4 quality. The guy was our player of the season and absolutely instrumental in us getting UCL. Let’s stick with him

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, rodders129 said:

I think it’s quite amazing that after two poor games you’ve written Ollie off as not top 4 quality. The guy was our player of the season and absolutely instrumental in us getting UCL. Let’s stick with him

i never ever thought Watkins was top 4 quality.

Dont get me wrong, he is a very good striker, i still think he is a very good striker, but i dont think he is top 4 quality.

edit, then again, he might be, based on the fact that there arent actually that many good strikers around currently, so im open to it on that basis.

Edited by MaVilla

Just now, MaVilla said:

i never ever thought Watkins was top 4 quality.

Dont get me wrong, he is a very good striker, i still think he is a very good striker, but i dont think he is top 4 quality.

What does top 4 quality mean?

The strikers for the top 4 from last season are: Haaland, Jesus/Havertz and Nunez…I think Watkins holds his own tbh

Which strikers in world football would you suggest are top 4 quality 

Just now, rodders129 said:

What does top 4 quality mean?

The strikers for the top 4 from last season are: Haaland, Jesus/Havertz and Nunez…I think Watkins holds his own tbh

Which strikers in world football would you suggest are top 4 quality 

i actually edited my comment slightly, probably after you started quoting me.

my edit said that based on the fact that there arent that many good strikers around at the moment, Watkins might be top 4 based on that fact alone, which kind of plays in to what you were saying i guess.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â