Team shape, tactics and personnel

MaVilla

Looks like we have everyone back except the guys that got to the finals. 

Some interesting team line ups to come. 

Looking forward to seeing JP, Onana and Maatsen. 

38 minutes ago, Tubby said:

Based on Cash walking up to it, it looks like they might have chartered this plane.

AV Air for the ECL season?

La Compagnie is my guess! Business only airline between Paris/NY 

Any idea if we could shift away from the 442? It's a very fluid system anyway and it wil progress naturally anyway with our new acquisitions so I don't see will see a complete departure. The core of Emery's system and his main principles will always be present.

3 hours ago, HeroesAndVillans said:

Any idea if we could shift away from the 442? It's a very fluid system anyway and it wil progress naturally anyway with our new acquisitions so I don't see will see a complete departure. The core of Emery's system and his main principles will always be present.

Wondered the same. Read an interview article with Unai that @Jas10 linked yesterday (or day before). Explained why his most preferred formation is 4141, but that he needs a lot of quality in the team to play it. Even without any further additions I don’t know who would start as the 2 CMs in that formation, but I have a sneaky feeing Enzo is going to surprise us and cement a place early as first choice in the DM role.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Awol said:

Wondered the same. Read an interview article with Unai that @Jas10 linked yesterday (or day before). Explained why his most preferred formation is 4141, but that he needs a lot of quality in the team to play it. Even without any further additions I don’t know who would start as the 2 CMs in that formation, but I have a sneaky feeing Enzo is going to surprise us and cement a place early as first choice in the DM role.

Agree about Enzo, I was surprised and delighted by him joining us and I think he will be eager to fight for a starting role.

I actually didn't know that was Unai's preferred formation. In my opinion it does seem like our acquisitions might point towards him looking to move to that shape. We shall see, I can't wait for Unai's tactical vision for AVFC to be complete.

40 minutes ago, HeroesAndVillans said:

Agree about Enzo, I was surprised and delighted by him joining us and I think he will be eager to fight for a starting role.

I actually didn't know that was Unai's preferred formation. In my opinion it does seem like our acquisitions might point towards him looking to move to that shape. We shall see, I can't wait for Unai's tactical vision for AVFC to be complete.

Have a read chap, it’s really interesting (I think)

https://www.getfootballnewsfrance.com/2018/unai-emery-what-am-i-missing-making-my-masterpieces-real-masterpieces-and-making-them-my-own/

• Thanks 1

I haven't got a scooby what team he's going to play. We've got SO many players. SO many GOOD players. I just don't know how he's going to keep them all happy even with all the competitions and multi subs. 

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â