Match Thread: Villa v Leicester

limpid

Just now, HKP90 said:

Look at my past posts and I’ve never been quick to have a go at Dean, and I am obviously still fully behind him as manager, but he has to figure this stuff out, cos it was painfully horribly obvious what the result of this team selection would be. Even to me as a mere fan drinking rum in my kitchen.

I've got no issue with fans like yourself. I personally probably would have changed the midfield but I could see reasons why he's kept it the same. We already lost 2 players from the usual starting line up. 

3 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

Tbh, I don't think DS has ever considered the strengths and weakness of the opposition when picking his team. Same with subs too. It always feels like he is picking his best/favorite team in general without optimizing against particular opposition. 

I'm glad I'm not the only one who has noticed!

• Like 1

Just now, thunderball said:

Villa’s XG the lowest in the division over last five games! Wow.

It's mad how quickly its dropped. That first half against Burnley was incredible and then its just fallen off a cliff in terms of attacking play. 

• Like 1

Just now, thunderball said:

Villa’s XG the lowest in the division over last five games! Wow.

I can't remember who it was last week, someone said "I've never paid attention to shite like xG and I'm not going to start now."

Well.

• Like 1

You don't win games of football when your midfield doesn't work hard, simple as that.

I don't think Elmo has been very good, and Traore is having an off day, but the midfield three of Barkley, Mcginn and Luiz isn't good enough and they've been getting outworked for several games in a row.