• Grealish
    • Watkins
    • Elmohamady (Cash 61
    • Trézéguet (Traoré 66)
    • Sanson (Barkley 76)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 16/02/21 at 23:59

Just now, GingerCollins29 said:

Great point. I say that because we deserved to lose.

Emi fantastic and defence played well hope cashy's injury isnt serious.

Mcginn was poor but not as poor as barkley, doug, traore and jack.

Jack was absolutely hopeless. Never seen him give the ball away or miscontrol it so much in one game.

Jack is entitled to the odd quiet one, the rest need to earn the right first. That will be the worst he plays all season 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Undeserved point really. Firstly fair play to Brighton, they aren't a bad side at all, play good football and defensively solid - their past few results show that they are no mugs. 

We were poor though. On the ball and off it. Martinez won us that point. Mings and Taggart did ok and Cash prior to his substitution. Everyone else a bit meh though I won't attribute blame to Watkins who was starved of service. 

I said prior to the game I was really looking forward to this and would accept any starting line up but as the game progressed I was crying out for a change. I just don't get Barkley playing almost as a second striker. It's leaving us too exposed and let's face it he's playing purely on name alone. 

Disappointing night glad we stole a point. Let's move on.

• Like 1

One of my less enjoyable lockdown Saturday nights. 

It was like we were playing without a midfield at times. I can’t recall many games where the team as a whole have struggled with the basics like passing and controlling the ball. Really very strange.

Hopefully we’re just in a dodgy patch of form. I’m weirdly encouraged by how we’ve generally been very poor since the second half against Burnley but still picked up points. Bodes well for when we pick up again. Not looking forward to the Leicester or Leeds games as things stand, though. 

I had more fun cleaning up vomit after parties in college than I did watching that.Thankful again for Martinez to get anything.

Point is a point sure but just awful to watch.

Hopefully come out next time with more enthusiasm

7 minutes ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

Can someone explain how referees are adjudicated? Some of the decisions were utterly baffling (and I try to say this without the claret and blue specs on)

To be honest I can’t remember any real howlers on his part.

Worst we’ve played this season. Decent point on the balance of it. We looked unusually sluggish and sloppy. Didn’t ever look like scoring or winning. Defended well and Martinez made some good saves and kept us in the game. 

Brighton stifled us by pressing and closing us down and, crucially, stopping us feed into Watkins. That subsequently prevented us getting any sense of build up play or momentum.

Edited by roonst83

11 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

McGinn was really poor. Sorry, I love him, but he was abject. 

Perhaps I'm being a bit more favourable to him because of how utterly turgid the rest of the midfield was. He did give the ball away far too much, that's for sure.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â