Match Thread: Villa v Arsenal

limpid

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

A half time I'm glad to see.

Arsenal edged the first half hour and controlled the last fifteen - albeit while looking a little blunt.

We're not taking care of the ball, McGinn is playing well, Traore too, he's working harder off the ball than he was when he arrived, the back four have all been good, Grealish isn't quite into it, but he'll start to wander in the last half hour. Watkins again leading the line brilliantly.

If we're going to indulge Barkley with this second striker role where he's not got the burden of having to put in a midfield shift, then he need to pay for that with the things he does on the ball, he's not quite done enough good things to justify himself at the moment. 

The two yellow cards are a bit of a worry. 

Yellow the two yellow cards worry me!

• Like 1

Barkley links well with Jack and Traore, I did notice him press defensively, I just don't think he does enough of it. Still leaves questions about his overall fitness, but his qualities shine still.

The bookings were a joke when you consider what Arsenal have gotten away with.

1 minute ago, Indigo said:

Love Traore but that finish killed me man, wasn't even going on target anyway by the looks of things and could have given us some nice breathing space.

Have defended well, they've had all of the play but especially immediately after scoring we were happy to allow them and weather the storm, not like they've really created anything clear cut. Only thing I'd worry about is the pressure mounting on us, especially with the yellow cards.

the first part he did was absolute class, but that finish was awful. just kick it in the goal!! but what about that save from Martinez, wow

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I'm so sick of reading this shit. Honestly.

Your one-man crusade to stamp out any criticism of Dean Smith and in-game changes is just as boring as the posts you continually moan about.

• Thanks 3
  • Sad 1

Look alright with the ball....keep it simple then lose it

Hate the way we sit off and allow them to come in to our half...no press...no presure

arsenal will attack the flanks...thats our weakness.

Grealish not getting any ball...bring him in to middle give them something to think about.

Should be two up

Need to play a lot better to keep the lead and null arsenal 

1 minute ago, maqroll said:

I actually think Barkley has been decent so far today.

I agree with this, he has moments but he also fecks about too much sometimes. Not a bad performance really 

I think Nakamba is sweeping up well and has been vital to the back 5/6 defending so well. Need a bit more quality going forward, Traore tried too much and should have scored but overall another good performance from him too with his workrate. Give them 10/15 minutes and maybe take Barkley off for Sanson or even Trezeguet and let Jack roam centrally.

• Like 3