Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

3 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

I hope your right mate. We will know, as when we struggle to break teams down the hoof starts. We have seen it already this season.

It's true. And that's where I think that front 4 will make a difference. 

Don't get me wrong, I'd love a Bissouma type in there and I hope next summer we buy a top class CM player. 

I'm not convinced it's our downfall for this season though. 

• Like 1

Just now, dudevillaisnice said:

Nobody is demanding anything from what I can see, this is another example of one extreme to another. 

I was just about to post this!!!

No one is demanding anything, it's just after spending over 300 million in less than 3 years expectations rise. Some fans are looking to Europe cause if we didn't lose Jack last year for a quarter of the season, we might have already reached that milestone. Now people are saying we have a stronger squad this season, so if believed the expectation for Europe will be even stronger.

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

I think wide players and another striker were massive priorities. And that was before Jack left. 

Would we really be better if we'd signed a CM and say only Buendia?

I think a top CM takes us to another level. Obviously the loss of JG changed the landscape but I personally feel the CM position has been the most vital to resolve for 2 years. That doesn't mean wide players or another forward weren't important but it's just my pov. It's difficult to prioritise when there are so many variables. For instance do you improve the starting 11 or improve squad depth. We all have our own ideas, so I'm not bitching at all and as I said integrating 5 players is more than enough. 

18 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

What even is a Mackenzie type signing? We literally know nothing about the guy and his job description.

We have unrealistic and unfounded expectations, and then get disappointed when these aren't met.

I’m sorry but that’s not true.  His title is ‘Head of Recruitment’ even in his LinkedIn profile.  You can goggle his history, his bios, the way he works.  I’ve just read loads of it, it’s easily available to read. The way he works, what he looks at….we literally know loads about this guy if you research it.  His history also provides insight of the type of player he looks for and how.  It shows the players he’s brought.  I’m sorry but you comment is wrong.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I’m sorry but that’s not true.  His title is ‘Head of Recruitment’ even in his LinkedIn profile.  You can goggle his history, his bios, the way he works.  I’ve just read loads of it, it’s easily available to read. The way he works, what he looks at….we literally know loads about this guy if you research it.  His history also provides insight of the type of player he looks for and how.  It shows the players he’s brought.  I’m sorry but you comment is wrong.

I'm saying we don't know what his job is at Villa. Besides you can't really glean anything from a cursory browse of LinkedIn or reading his biography. Tells you nothing about his day to day job.

6 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

I'm saying we don't know what his job is at Villa. Besides you can't really glean anything from a cursory browse of LinkedIn or reading his biography. Tells you nothing about his day to day job.

I don’t agree because you reduced what I said to a cursory browse and reading his bio which is not true.  If your researched further there is a wealth of information on him but you believe what you want.  I’m not being flippant, just not worth the discussion.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kiwivillan said:

He had 4 years left on deal he signed last year

Yep, and we couldn't sign him from that. Now he's signed a bigger contract for a higher wage and an extra year, why on earth would he be gettable next summer. 

56 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

So what's your solution, sign a bunch more players to fill the void of this stratospheric player, I don't get it? We replaced him with literally the most identical player in England right now, and added 2 other top top attackers on top of that for good measure.

What else needs to be done to replace a guy who misses 1/3 of the season anyway? What is this large hole that he left that we didn't adequately plug and who should we get to plug it?

I'm not going to keep going round in circles on this but I never said our attacking purchases weren't good, they were. 

It's the failure to address other areas of the field that's the issue, most noticeably not signing a CDM.

6 minutes ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

I'm not going to keep going round in circles on this but I never said our attacking purchases weren't good, they were. 

It's the failure to address other areas of the field that's the issue, most noticeably not signing a CDM.

What does that have to do with Grealish?

3 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Well that takes Bailey and Traore out of the team then and puts Buendia into an unfavoured position. 

I thought both had played wingbacks/ wide midfielder

Edited by Danishlad