Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

19 minutes ago, villabromsgrove said:

Well done to Southampton as they may just have secured their Premier survival. Key players in key positions are hugely important.

I hope Dean and co realise that centre midfield will be key to whether we flourish or struggle this season. I'd love to know what they're really thinking behind the scenes this transfer window.

Definitely. I think Adam Armstrong will be a really great signing for them. Keeping JWP is a massive bonus (although definitely has a touch of the last season JG release clause about it), if they replace Vestergard they will be fine. Fair play to them.

I’d really really love to think that we weren’t played by agents to get their players better deals not just once but twice in one summer because that would actually be embarrassing. I’m hoping that our interest in jwp actually finished a few weeks ago and was only perpetuated by the media. 

A behind the scenes look at how everything at Villa has gone this close season would indeed be fascinating. 

8 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

have we just been pawns in an agent's game again? ESR now JWP? we had zero chance of getting ESR and i bet it was the same with JWP too...just games to get him a better deal and us mugs went along with it

So we paid out how much for them?

• Like 1

Really not actually too fussed about JWP as apart from his set pieces i feel we need something else instead... that CDM is the urgent one surely? We have a lot of similar players who are more suited to central mid surely?!

Edited by danceoftheshamen
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, danceoftheshamen said:

Really not actually too fussed about JWP as apart from his set pieces i feel we need something else instead... that CDM is the urgent one surely? We have a lot of similar players who are more suited to central mid surely?!

Spot on, thank you.

9 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Your original post seemed to be panicking. You're worrying about other clubs getting stronger and are hypothetically talking about struggling to sign players 2 years down the line and having our players want to leave. 

Like I said, I don't really get it. 

You might in 2 years time 😉

JWP's price must have been too high. If we are going to be ripped off this summer then I suppose we must wait. Very strong position for future windows and a few new faces to integrate. A good win under our belts on Sat (you hope) and we'll feel fine about this window. 

1 minute ago, jacketspuds said:

I wonder how many of the Southampton fans that were saying he was overrated have swiftly changed their tune?

About the same amount as villa fans that are now saying he is shit after wanting us to sign him

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Jareth said:

JWP's price must have been too high. If we are going to be ripped off this summer then I suppose we must wait. Very strong position for future windows and a few new faces to integrate. A good win under our belts on Sat (you hope) and we'll feel fine about this window. 

And if we lose…?