Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

I don't know, he kept thirteen clean sheets and concede thirty three-goals in thirty-three games last season according to transfermarkt which doesn't seem bad. But he's only 23 so not sure what the point of signing another young goalkeeper would be when we rate Sinisalo so highly, would make more sense to sign an older goalkeeper for a season or two.

2 minutes ago, useless said:

I don't know, he kept thirteen clean sheets and concede thirty three-goals in thirty-three games last season according to transfermarkt which doesn't seem bad. But he's only 23 so not sure what the point of signing another young goalkeeper would be when we rate Sinisalo so highly, would make more sense to sign an older goalkeeper for a season or two.

Yeah, unless he is considered an outstanding talent, maybe recommended by Cutler?

An experienced back up would be good though, a shame we couldn’t keep hold of Heaton…

2 hours ago, beachboys1 said:

preece says not in market for striker if not why after yesterday

Preece has no connections at the Villa as he keeps proving so I would take that with a pinch of salt.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, maqroll said:

So quiet now after the flurry of early activity. Hrrmph.

Which is crazy considering we should be making bids all over the place, given Jeremy from Reddit's invaluable information that Jack's move to Citeh is all but done.

What are the club playing at? Where are the bids for Theo Walcott and the corpse of Duncan Edwards. 

Smith out.

• Haha 1

Just now, Delphinho123 said:

Talkshite talking about Villa now. Saying we’re going in for Leon Bailey with a second bid. 

And saying we’re in for Cantwell. 

You know what, I would absolutely love Villa Talk Radio. The eclectic mix of subjects in "Off Topic" alone tackle a range of issues from "How do you wipe ye Arse", right through to the important discovery of whether people lift their balls over the waistband when taking a piss. It would make for a cracking phone-in.

Throw in some Villa news and a segment on Leeds from a regular caller, and you've got yourself a winner.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, flashingqwerty said:

I missed this "Jack to Citeh - almost done" rumour.

When/where did this come from?

My sources saying the exact opposite...

Journalists who are desperate for money and relevance so they create clickbait nonsense to get attention.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Journalists who are desperate for money and relevance so they create clickbait nonsense to get attention.

Nothing credible then - thats comforting!

I know a couple of people working at BMH, so it was a surprise to hear something so severe about jack without prior notice.

All signs according to my sources point to a new contract.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, flashingqwerty said:

Nothing credible then - thats comforting!

I know a couple of people working at BMH, so it was a surprise to hear something so severe about jack without prior notice.

All signs according to my sources point to a new contract.

Yeah it’s insane to see an article state “a deal is being discussed even though no talks have ever taken place” and then watch the tabloids run with that ignoring that it out-right states it’s a load of bs. There’s absolutely nothing credible about any rumors that have come out in regards to this.

Edit to add: Just look at the most recent rumor that Chelsea are set to hijack the move and sign Grealish. It’s insanity.

Edited by Aston_Villan4
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

I agree with everything you’ve said, bar one thing:

Let’s not devalue the word (and idea of) ‘journalist’ by using it to describe these content monkeys. 

spacer.png

It is an important distinction.

4 minutes ago, OLDVILLAIN said:

All gone crazy..apparently liverpool and man utd are interested in signing leon bailey..i need to stop reading these twittersphere news stuff

I would be shocked if either team signs him as neither team needs him. Sarah, Mane and Jota ahead of him at Liverpool and United have just signed Sancho.

1 minute ago, jacketspuds said:

I would be shocked if either team signs him as neither team needs him. Sarah, Mane and Jota ahead of him at Liverpool and United have just signed Sancho.

What if they get injured like everyone worries Watkins will?

3 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Difference being at Liverpool with Mane, Salah and Jota is 3 players for 2 slots, whereas Watkins is 1 player for 1 slot. Mate, don’t be disingenuous!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

I get what you’re saying, but having 1 suitable backup for Watkins would not be a terrible thing. But not for £40m like Abraham would cost.

This is why I really hope we sign Alvarez.

• Like 3