Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

4 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Good shout but if Berge is not a DM, do we need him?

I thought he was more of a DM than a box to box or playmaker type. 

Swap deals rarely happen but we have been linked to him. 

3 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

I’ve asked about him before and been told he is more of a box to box player but maybe he could adapt…

3 minutes ago, flashingqwerty said:

Just my opinion, but DM or CM, I think he'd be better than anyone currently at the club in those positions.  Bring him in.

Really? You rate him that highly? What are his strengths?

Didn’t really stand out for Sheff Utd did he? Maybe he didn’t quite settle…

1 hour ago, Kiwivillan said:

Just give Hourihane to them for free. So tired of the FB posts "Great to see Connor back. Hope he lines up in first team this season. Could really do a job for us..."

Loved his contribution to the team mostly in Championship but it's time to move on

I am not sure that this is really happening.  But I am agreeing with @Kiwivillan!!!!!  I have a mate who is a Swansea fan and he absolutely does not want Connor back there next season.  So if he isn't good enough for Swansea, I really don't see how anyone could think he's good enough to get us into the Top 6.  I'd far rather that his place on the bench / squad is taken by Chuck, Aaron or two or three other members of the Academy.

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

3 hours ago, est1874 said:

Am quietly convinced we're waiting for Jack to return and either sign the contract or not before deciding which targets to make firm offers for.

I'd imagine we've put out feelers for a few, but Lange probably doesn't want to throw down another £30m until we know whether we need to replace Jack or not.

Before the bandwagon jumps on, I'm not suggesting that I think Jack will go, but we all have to admit it's still a possibility; I'm sure those in charge of our transfers have multiple plans on the table.

Whilst I'm not quite as confident as @Phil Silvers in thinking the contract is already done (although I do think we hold all the cards in relation to him staying), I would be surprised if the club didn't know what was happening by now at the very least.

1 minute ago, StanBalaban said:

Whilst I'm not quite as confident as @Phil Silvers in thinking the contract is already done (although I do think we hold all the cards in relation to him staying), I would be surprised if the club didn't know what was happening by now at the very least.

This is closer to it. I'm hoping so, I'm not one to overreact🙄 but if he did go (he won't🙄) Manchester will look like small heath when I've blitzed it.

1 hour ago, Jas10 said:

Good shout but if Berge is not a DM, do we need him?

1 hour ago, theboyangel said:

1 hour ago, flashingqwerty said:

Just my opinion, but DM or CM, I think he'd be better than anyone currently at the club in those positions.  Bring him in.

i think Berge is more of an 8, watching vids of him he likes to get stuck in, but also drives forward from deep positions, im not actually sure if he's like a 7 :P (not as in a 7, i mean as in half way between a 6 and an 8 )

He's defo not a pure 6.

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, theboyangel said:

With Sheff Utd allegedly interested in taking Hourihane off our hands, I wonder if we could use him as a makeweight for Sander Berge?

so 25m for Berge or 26m & Hourihane for Berge right?

• Haha 1

Can't understand how people turn their noses up at the likes of Cantwell, Hughes, and McNeill, but then keep going on about Berge, he isn't that great, even Sheffield United fans don't rate him that much, many of them see him coming into their team as the moment things started to go wrong for them in the premier league.

Just now, MaVilla said:

so ESR if off the table then........who's next!?!?

Yep an Arsenal Fans can only talk about us on Twitter They’re having a field day they seem to think we care that much 😂... like get a grip theres plenty players out there we can bring in