Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

2 hours ago, thabucks said:

I’ve been told from someone within the game that we have been scouting and/or targeting two German based defenders: 

Apparently we’ve scouted Marc-Oliver Kempf a CB from VFB Stuttgart not sure if there is anymore to that ...

https://www.bundesliga.com/en/bundesliga/player/marc-oliver-kempf/profile

And we are also (apparently) very interested in/have made enquiries regarding Ismail Jakobs LW/LB from FC Koln 

https://www.bundesliga.com/en/bundesliga/player/ismail-jakobs/profile

He  reminds me a lot of Marty Cash LW moved back to FB and is being targeted by Leicester and Brighton also...

BTW I’m not ITK... I used to hear snippets but been a few years out of the game, it’s drying up and any Villa news comes second hand via Europe so must be treated so ... just thought I’d share. 

I've heard of Kempf which probably means he is good, I would like to sign Sosa from Stuttgart this summer when Taylor goes, maybe they can do a double deal 

3 hours ago, barry'sboots said:

I couldn't disagree more on this.  He is the wing equivalent of Hourihane - he can score goals but he adds very little else.  He must be so infuriating for Ollie because he's got more chance of seeing B-lose win the Premier League than seeing AEG get his head up and look for anything other than a shot on goal!  What is the point in Watkins making runs when El Ghazi is on the ball.  AEG has also become incredibly predictable, which is why so many of his shots are getting blocked!

I think, after his 6 goals etc., we should be able to get decent value for him as well.  Take the money and re-invest it in someone who can play a part in the team.  I want a new starting right winger and a young (say Olise) left winger who can cover for Jack.

I agree with this also, I would like to be rid of Trez too but they both have their virtues, one scores goals the other works hard and is good for protecting his full back.

I would bring another wide forward in without getting rid of either of them and as soon as we can afford a second wide forward sell one of them. There is a small issue though in the background that that, they both have 2 years left on their deals so its shit or get off the pot time if you want a decent amount of cash for them. Personally I would buy Olise for 8m if that release clause is true and sell one of them as well that way you only need to give one of them a contract or let it run to a year.

2 hours ago, thabucks said:

Is Kempf Engels 4th choice good or rival for konsa good ? Heard is could be on the brink of a call up to the Germany squad ... Hopefully something in these links 

Just looked him up and he is left footed.... He couldn't be an Engels replacement because of that and I don't see why we would replace Hause before Engels

3 hours ago, thabucks said:

I’ve been told from someone within the game that we have been scouting and/or targeting two German based defenders: 

Apparently we’ve scouted Marc-Oliver Kempf a CB from VFB Stuttgart not sure if there is anymore to that ...

https://www.bundesliga.com/en/bundesliga/player/marc-oliver-kempf/profile

And we are also (apparently) very interested in/have made enquiries regarding Ismail Jakobs LW/LB from FC Koln 

https://www.bundesliga.com/en/bundesliga/player/ismail-jakobs/profile

He  reminds me a lot of Marty Cash LW moved back to FB and is being targeted by Leicester and Brighton also...

BTW I’m not ITK... I used to hear snippets but been a few years out of the game, it’s drying up and any Villa news comes second hand via Europe so must be treated so ... just thought I’d share. 

Would seem mad if we scouted a koln LB and didn't come away wanting katterbach

19 years old, won player of the year for his age group at both 17 and 19, plays a fair bit for them so probably more than we are willing to pay for a back up and he'd want to be 1st choice 

54 minutes ago, paul514 said:

I've heard of Kempf which probably means he is good, I would like to sign Sosa from Stuttgart this summer when Taylor goes, maybe they can do a double deal 

Triple swoop and get  Saša Kalajdžić also ... His scoring this season is very good ... 

Daryl Dike with another two goals for Barnsley this evening against Wycombe, watched some of the first half of that game, looks very strong and skilful, battles hard too, can see why there's a lot of interest in him

• Like 4

On 15/03/2021 at 07:26, KenjiOgiwara said:

Neither does Heaton. Must be shit.

We don't have a world class player in Davis' position and martinez plays in a position that doesn't require rotation. 

Edited by MotoMkali

1 minute ago, MotoMkali said:

We don't have a world class player in Davis' position and he plays in a position that doesn't require rotation. 

Safe to say we have two very comparable players in terms of quality for both Heaton and Davis.

6 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

I think Anwar is a decent squad option.  Trez, I wouldn't want playing for us even in the Championship.

Agree with this. He's perfectly good as a squad depth option (as well as coming off the bench) if Grealish does down with another knock or something

2 hours ago, paul514 said:

Just looked him up and he is left footed.... He couldn't be an Engels replacement because of that and I don't see why we would replace Hause before Engels

Controversial I know, but would you take good money for Mings if a top 6 club came in at, say, £60m and buy this lad with some spare to invest elsewhere?

Personally, I do like Mings but he is subject to the occasional brain freeze and can let players (Bamford, Joelinton, Zaha this season) draw him into a physical battle when he doesn't need to.

If I had to replace one of our starting back 5 it would be Mings and bringing in a net, say, £30m and replacing a 28  year old with an up and coming German international (I will caveat this by saying I have never seen the kid play) might not be the worst move. 

1 minute ago, barry'sboots said:

Controversial I know, but would you take good money for Mings if a top 6 club came in at, say, £60m and buy this lad with some spare to invest elsewhere?

Personally, I do like Mings but he is subject to the occasional brain freeze and can let players (Bamford, Joelinton, Zaha this season) draw him into a physical battle when he doesn't need to.

If I had to replace one of our starting back 5 it would be Mings and bringing in a net, say, £30m and replacing a 28  year old with an up and coming German international (I will caveat this by saying I have never seen the kid play) might not be the worst move. 

Well the lad is 26 so he isn’t a youngster but if someone offered 60 million for Mings I would snap their arm off for it. That’s how much some of the worlds best centre backs cost.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Villaphan04 said:

Agree with this. He's perfectly good as a squad depth option (as well as coming off the bench) if Grealish does down with another knock or something

I am really amazed that someone could have watched us over the last 4 or 5 games since Jack has not been around and still make this comment.

El Ghazi is too slow and is only looking to shoot at every opportunity.

I thought both he and Trez were really shown up by Murphy for Newcastle on Friday night - he did more attacking than both our wingers did and he was only on for 10 mins from memory.

These are key areas if we are going to move on and challenge.  We cannot be left without decent options if Jack gets injured or we just want to change games/rotate.  We desperately need a new first choice RW IMO to take defenders away from Jack and good cover for Jack on the LW.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Safe to say we have two very comparable players in terms of quality for both Heaton and Davis.

Watkins is decent. Martinez is in with a shout for best keeper in the world. They are a different class. 

3 hours ago, barry'sboots said:

No we should not be swapping Mings for anybody at the moment, he is the easy target but he is our bloody leader on the pitch. Yes he has brainfarts but him and Konsa are a great partnership which seems to go unnoticed in the stupid Konsa or Mings debate.

As for Kempf he has never played for Germany and has less top flight experience than Mings and is not some kid. 

2 hours ago, barry'sboots said:

I am really amazed that someone could have watched us over the last 4 or 5 games since Jack has not been around and still make this comment.

El Ghazi is too slow and is only looking to shoot at every opportunity.

I thought both he and Trez were really shown up by Murphy for Newcastle on Friday night - he did more attacking than both our wingers did and he was only on for 10 mins from memory.

These are key areas if we are going to move on and challenge.  We cannot be left without decent options if Jack gets injured or we just want to change games/rotate.  We desperately need a new first choice RW IMO to take defenders away from Jack and good cover for Jack on the LW.

It's all a game of opinions, eh? for me, Ghazi is probably our most consistent goal threat outside of Grealish. 

I also think it would be hard to spend money on a quality LW to come in just to be backup for Jack. (Now if we are moving Jack to a more central role that would probably be easier). I do agree that we need a first choice quality RW but if we sell both Trez and Ghazi then we would need to get 2 more wingers at a min imo

47 minutes ago, Zatman said:

No we should not be swapping Mings for anybody at the moment, he is the easy target but he is our bloody leader on the pitch. Yes he has brainfarts but him and Konsa are a great partnership which seems to go unnoticed in the stupid Konsa or Mings debate.

As for Kempf he has never played for Germany and has less top flight experience than Mings and is not some kid. 

You're seriously saying you wouldn't take 60 million for Mings? A fee that would make him the second highest transfer fee for a defender, ever...... Dr Evil Whatever GIF

Edited by paul514

14 minutes ago, Villaphan04 said:

It's all a game of opinions, eh? for me, Ghazi is probably our most consistent goal threat outside of Grealish. 

I also think it would be hard to spend money on a quality LW to come in just to be backup for Jack. (Now if we are moving Jack to a more central role that would probably be easier). I do agree that we need a first choice quality RW but if we sell both Trez and Ghazi then we would need to get 2 more wingers at a min imo

The days of having a left footed person on the left and visa versa have died, both our starting wide forward have the opposite of that.
The reality is a wide forward can play on either side as long as they aren't a one trick pony who does the same move over and over again which must be done on one side of the field due to him favouring a certain foot.
Traore could play on the left IF we didn't want him cutting in so much on the ball, we need a wide forward to come in regardless of anyone leaving to improve the first team and by extension the squad.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, paul514 said:

You're seriously saying you wouldn't take 60 million for Mings? A fee that would make him the second highest transfer fee for a defender, ever...... Dr Evil Whatever GIF

It would put him 6th mist expensive defender ever and yes i would especially for an unknown German player to replace him. Mings is in the best 20 centre defenders in world football so we wont get a replacement thats as good

Its like we never learned from the Benteke for Gestede type replacement 

13 minutes ago, Zatman said:

It would put him 6th mist expensive defender ever and yes i would especially for an unknown German player to replace him. Mings is in the best 20 centre defenders in world football so we wont get a replacement thats as good

Its like we never learned from the Benteke for Gestede type replacement 

Well I saw a mail sport story from a year ago making him second I just clicked another link and he would be 5th at 60 million. He isn't an unknown German player and the question was would you take 60 million for Mings, who you replace him with is a separate question.
How you have ranked him in the 20 best centre backs in world football, I don't know. However what I do know is he isn't the 5th best and he is 28.
Turning down 60 million for him is akin to saying I'm not selling any player ever for the purpose of using the money to potentially buy a better/younger player or to reproduce what that player brought to the team and use the rest for another purpose.

Edited by paul514