Match Thread: Southampton v Villa

limpid

10 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

That is both him and his TV thing, not saying he is a great guy clearly he is prickly at the best of times. When I met him though he was sound and as I say thought highly of the club, just not everyone at it in his time here. He had a point. Probably is with Roy much like Souness few ever live up to his standards.

In fairness I'd be worried if he thought highly of everyone at the club during that time. It was a shambles. You hear stories about his off the field stuff and he comes across as a decent skin to be fair.

Edited by sparrow1988

2 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

That Halifax ad baffles me every time. Am I the only person who'd be pissed off if my day was interrupted by my bank calling just to see if I was ok? **** off lads. 

You'd assume it was a scammer...unless you were old or not savvy to these things

Just now, Robtaylor200 said:

letting them come at us again, need to sort out the midfield Dean 

Other than shouting "we're the ones in black John" it's hard to see what he can do at times, inexplicably sloppy from players who we all know are better than that 

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Barkley is definitely playing in a second striker position - it's allowing Southampton far too much of the game and we're losing midfield. 

It's a cracking goal, but I'd still be looking to change things.

I hypothesised when we signed him if he’d play that high up as an option. I agree we should have him dropping in a little on to their midfield.

• Like 1