General officiating/rules

StefanAVFC

9 minutes ago, sne said:

Took them 3 months but the UEFA referee committee has finally agreed that they made an error in not giving a penalty to Germany against Spain for that obvious hand ball.

640@60.jpg

3 months....

This karma for the Lampard goal in South Africa that crossed the line but wasn't given!?

37 minutes ago, sne said:

Took them 3 months but the UEFA referee committee has finally agreed that they made an error in not giving a penalty to Germany against Spain for that obvious hand ball.

640@60.jpg

3 months....

Replay the quater! Ha. What a farce. Attwell and Taylor are awful officials.

Edited by The_Steve

5 hours ago, bobzy said:

Partey deliberately runs into his path and goes to check him - alas, he chose Haaland to do that to... who flattened him.

Hopefully it encourages teams to stop the 'pass the kickoff back to the keeper who hoofs it' tactic if their defenders keep getting flattened.

Really glad to see the FA sanctioning players and managers today for their abusive whinging at refs. It's one thing for a player to go after another player, but the Trumpish attacks on the rules sicken me and sends a dark, entitled message. We also have a manager who gets emotional, and that's fine, but he seems to know the limits: don't attack officials.

spacer.png

Edited by Marka Ragnos
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Hornso said:

The one problem is they’ve drawn the line with MGW and Nottingham Forest. Lets see them stamp it out at the very top.

Good point. So many people watch Premier League internationally, too, that these antics end up shaping attitudes towards officials abroad, too.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Marka Ragnos said:

Really glad to see the FA sanctioning players and managers today for their abusive whinging at refs. It's one thing for a player to go after another player, but the Trumpish attacks on the rules sicken me and sends a dark, entitled message. We also have a manager who gets emotional, and that's fine, but he seems to know the limits: don't attack officials.

spacer.png

Players spend 90 minutes trying with every breath to con the refs, then complain that the wrong decisions are made 🙄 

I'm not saying refs aren't s***, but players hold at least partial responsibility for them not getting everything right. Such hypocrisy.

And honestly from the refs point of view they have in the past seemed extremely lenient on players rushing them and getting in their face. Passions are high I'm sure but these are adults kicking a football. For me being aggressive with the ref should be an instant red. Argue your point, yes, by all means. Like an adult talking to another adult. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

No words. It’s so bizarre. It reminds me of something at the edge of one of those Bosch garden of earthly delights images. Apparently, the guy who was bitten got a red card? Was he badly flavoured?

IMG_1220.jpeg

Edited by Marka Ragnos

16 hours ago, Marka Ragnos said:

Good point. So many people watch Premier League internationally, too, that these antics end up shaping attitudes towards officials abroad, too.

It's at underage level that's the real problem. Kids effing and blinding at ref's at under 12's. It starts at the top, if the pro's had to respect the ref then kids would too. The clampdown won't last though, it will be forgotten in 2 months. 

• Like 1

On 24/09/2024 at 19:09, Marka Ragnos said:

spacer.png

This was from the weekend. Ref called the foul saying he got the ball, no foul. Then the assistant who was Anthony taylor, told the ref it was a foul and the oringinal call was over turned and a 2nd yellow given which ended up as a sending off. This was after the ref told the players he got the ball. The ref saw the incident, he should not be turned by the assistant whoever it is. Poor refereeing yet again.

• Like 1

I've started refereeing over the last half year. I thoroughly enjoyed doing it, and it is a good way to have a fun exercise. However, I find the way that I ref and apply rules from game to game very inconsistent as each game has a different flow and temperature to it. So, I am starting to understand how we always see inconsistencies in decision making from refs from week to week. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Villaphan04 said:

I've started refereeing over the last half year. I thoroughly enjoyed doing it, and it is a good way to have a fun exercise. However, I find the way that I ref and apply rules from game to game very inconsistent as each game has a different flow and temperature to it. So, I am starting to understand how we always see inconsistencies in decision making from refs from week to week. 

You don’t know what you’re doing.

You don’t know what you’re doing. 

• Haha 3

11 hours ago, Villaphan04 said:

That might very well be true, I see it in games I play in.

But don't you think that over a course of the season, if a player was carded for a 'soft' offence that should be a yellow by the book, we would eventually get to a point where it's like rugby? Just a more 'pleasant' decision making for everyone involved?

I feel footballers have had it too easy for a long time. A year or 2 of yellow cards and harsher rules and everyone would quickly learn to not do any crap that goes on today. 

Edited by Mic09
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Mic09 said:

That might very well be true, I see it in games I play in.

But don't you think that over a course of the season, if a player was carder for a 'soft' offence that should be a yellow by the book, we would eventually get to a point where it's like rugby? Just a more 'pleasant' decision making for everyone involved?

I feel footballers have had it too easy for a long time. A year or 2 of yellow cards and harsher rules and everyone would quickly learn to do do any crap that goes on today. 

Yeah, I completely agree with that. I generally try to caution for every ‘by the book’ yellow offense but it can get a little murky. Though one of the things I’m pretty consistent with (that Arsenal fans will love) is cautioning for delaying the restart / kicking the ball away

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â