General officiating/rules

StefanAVFC

4 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

But.. as I said in my post, if the ball is already interfering with play before that happens, the ref should stop play. In this case the defender couldn't run towards the attacker,  because the ball was where he'd want to plant his foot.

It's a borderline call I reckon....it's definitely in the defenders way, but would the defender have reached the attacker even if it wasn't?

I'm not debating that point, but if I was then I'd say the ball was interfering and the ref should've stopped play before it got to that point and actually did interfere as you say.

But - as previously unbeknownst to me and thanks to @bobzy sharing the FA rules - at the point when play has already continued and the extra ball is kicked at the match the ball, the rules there say it's a direct FK or penalty in this case.

Alternatively, the ref could've had some sympathy with the defender / used some common sense and realised that it was a situation of his own making and therefore not given the penalty, but then there's nothing in the rules as far as I know about decisions being affected by wrong decisions having already happened and not addressed.

• 2 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

You're not forced to name 4 club trained players, you just can't name more than 21 that aren't. As far as I understood it at least.

Well yes true.  That's why I said almost right.  If they increase the number required then they are being forced. They'd end up without a full subs bench in that scenario. But I guess employment laws and things might start coming in to play then. 

(Guess this topic belongs here under rules so moved here @fightoffyour)

• 3 weeks later...

Why were the Leicester players completely overreacting to the Tielemans challenge? Them and the bench were acting as if it was a stonewall penalty. Football players really need to learn the rules

The only one that didnt complain so much was Vardy who got tackled

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

Why were the Leicester players completely overreacting to the Tielemans challenge? Them and the bench were acting as if it was a stonewall penalty. Football players really need to learn the rules

Same on their forum 

More than a few seem to not want to admit he even kicked the ball with then more of them saying he kicked through vardy to get it

I didn't realise it at the time but they're also saying that the ref gave it as a villa throw which is why most in the ground were fuming with it, that's not how I saw it, youri won it very cleanly, didn't come off vardy, so that's a weird decision 

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

Already fresh on a yellow, probably didn’t want to risk getting another for diving or arguing. 

Edited by Genie

Does anyone remember the name of a football magazine back in the day that had a 'You're the Ref' type quiz in it? 

There would be some ludicrous scenario and you were given three options as to what the correct decision would be.

25 minutes ago, T-Dog said:

Does anyone remember the name of a football magazine back in the day that had a 'You're the Ref' type quiz in it? 

There would be some ludicrous scenario and you were given three options as to what the correct decision would be.

It was in the back of the Observer wasn't it?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, AVFC_Hitz said:

It was in the back of the Observer wasn't it?

I've never read the Observer so I'm not sure if that's where I've seen it, sure it was in a football magazine, one of the less 'glossy' ones.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â