General officiating/rules

StefanAVFC

6 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

the thing is, i dont blame the VAR "system", it works very, very well in Rugby and other sports, and if it was applied correctly and consistently, it would work fine.

The problem is the incompetent and corrupt people running it.

Yes but it isn't working here, in fact it's massively hampering the game, therefore it isn't fit for purpose and should be scrapped.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

I’m **** livid with that shit. How can they make that error? It makes no sense? What did they actually check? It’s just so bizarre and **** up that corruption is the only logical answer.

My suspicion is they missed the CB and just did the quick check on the full back 

3 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

the thing is, i dont blame the VAR "system", it works very, very well in Rugby and other sports, and if it was applied correctly and consistently, it would work fine.

The problem is the incompetent and corrupt people running it.

this has always been the case. unfortunately it is the main reason it's failing.

if you worked in a factory, and brought in a new piece of machinery that theroetically cut things more accurately but your staff are too stupid to use it properly so it makes things more inaccurate than before, you'd either find less stupid staff or go back to the old machines that your staff are not too stupid to use. neither appears to be happening here

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

My suspicion is they missed the CB and just did the quick check on the full back 

I genuinely can’t see how they can get it so badly wrong. It’s all there on the screen and at first glance it looks comfortably onside.

IMG-1439.jpg

Refereeing needs a grass roots overhaul. It needs to be taken alot more serious as they can cost clubs/companies millions in a blink of an eye. 

Also I still think foreign refs might be the answer to influence and bias in our game. 

Just now, Genie said:

I genuinely can’t see how they can get it so badly wrong. It’s all there on the screen and at first glance it looks comfortably onside.

IMG-1439.jpg

If they wanted a quick check because of the complaints about how long the checks take, they'd try and do it as fast as possible. Which is why I think they just checked the full back next to Dias which would uphold the onfield offside decision fairly rapidly.

It's all a joke of their own making.

Just now, StefanAVFC said:

If they wanted a quick check because of the complaints about how long the checks take, they'd try and do it as fast as possible. Which is why I think they just checked the full back next to Dias which would uphold the onfield offside decision fairly rapidly.

It's all a joke of their own making.

But the guy playing Diaz onside is right there in the middle of the picture. They’d have to hold a piece of paper up in front of half their screen to ignore the important bit of the play.

I just can’t square it off in my mind as human error. 

• Like 1

As the goal went in the Sky feed seemed to show what VAR were doing, but no lines. The screen was panning and moving like they were doing the lines but it didn’t show us the lines (which again, is another part of the process that stinks).

I’d love to see the version they made to satisfy themself it was a correct call of offside. 

3 minutes ago, Genie said:

But the guy playing Diaz onside is right there in the middle of the picture. They’d have to hold a piece of paper up in front of half their screen to ignore the important bit of the play.

I just can’t square it off in my mind as human error. 

If they're zoomed in on Diaz they can easily miss the CB playing him on. They absolutely shouldn't but it's the only explanation I can think of.

I don’t think there is biased decision making in that decision. That is pure ineptitude, and the person who made that decision should not be allowed in the Var room ever again after that. That is horrific decision making.

It shows me that there are no clearly defined processes that are applied to similar situations. It should be the same process each time for determining an offside, as there should be a set process for determining when to upgrade a yellow to a red and so on. But it's all left to the interpretation of the person in the chair. Which is why it is open to questions of corruption and/or bias.

Edited by Jonesy7211

5 minutes ago, NeilS said:

I don’t think there is biased decision making in that decision. That is pure ineptitude, and the person who made that decision should not be allowed in the Var room ever again after that. That is horrific decision making.

Possible it was a Spurs fan that breached policy to ignore the onside player.

Or pure incompetence.

Either way, that person should be removed from their post permanently.

As a former ref I try to defend refs as much as I can but this level of incompetence is starting to look like corruption and I just can’t fathom it. I can’t believe they’re corrupt so I have to go with unbelievable incompetence.

I don’t know what the answer is. There needs to be less abuse towards referees at the top to help influence grassroots and encourage more youngsters to ref and stay in the game, but the professional referees are completely shafting everyone at grassroots by making these unbelievable decisions. I’d say 5-10 years or so people could be a lot more forgiving and lean into the “Respect” campaign when bad decisions were just human error. When you’ve got human error + a screen telling you what happened and you still get it wrong, all hell breaks loose. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Genie said:

IMG-1439.jpg

I called it earlier as a human error. I reckon they've quickly glanced and seen Diaz ahead of the nearest defender and not bothered checking the one in the near side who played him on.

An absolute joke of a decision. They somehow keep finding new ways to make f*ck ups even on something as simple as drawing a line.

Edited by villan95
  • Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â