General officiating/rules

StefanAVFC

2 hours ago, Genie said:

I think the whole Sky6 thing is a myth. Nobody is immune from the shit decisions. Lots of borderline calls have gone against MU.

They could have potentially left the foul on Digne today as a yellow if they really wanted.

If you keep going to the same pub with the girl your having a affair with, your likely to get caught out. So make sure you take her to a few others now and again, less risk.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

If you keep going to the same pub with the girl your having a affair with, your likely to get caught out. So make sure you take her to a few others now and again, less risk.

Nah, they're just shit, part of being shit also means they'll be more susceptible to pressure and funnily enough anfield, OT, klopp and pep etc all put more pressure on a ref than other grounds and teams

Thought our ref today was interesting... He let loads go, the average number of fouls in a PL game is 21 and there were 20 today but he went too far, some blatant ones weren't given and towards the end he lost it - but today will be another game where both forums after are dominated by how unfair the ref was... That can't be the case, he was just shit

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sulberto21 said:

Eddie Nketiah….. jammy barstool

Screenshot_20230925_001133_BBCiPlayer.jpg.33aae39f39fb5bcebae06894e5573b72.jpg

If someone can tell me how in the everloving sphincter of hell this challenge is only a yellow card, it would be much appreciated.

If you are wondering, the ball has left the frame to the left and is halfway to the M25.

Nketiah should be on trial for GBH after that monstrosity.

1 hour ago, Genie said:

I assume a legacy from match fixing attempts? There can't be any legitimate reason why it isn't a goal.

The Enkleman one was different as no team can score "directly" from a throw in, so makes sense that you can't score an own goal.

But a direct free kick should enable you to score a direct own goal, if you're stupid enough to play it back to your goalkeeper in such a way that it ends up going in?

Maybe something about goal kicks being blown back into the keepers own goal before stadiums existed to block the wind?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MrBlack said:

I assume a legacy from match fixing attempts? There can't be any legitimate reason why it isn't a goal.

The Enkleman one was different as no team can score "directly" from a throw in, so makes sense that you can't score an own goal.

But a direct free kick should enable you to score a direct own goal, if you're stupid enough to play it back to your goalkeeper in such a way that it ends up going in?

Maybe something about goal kicks being blown back into the keepers own goal before stadiums existed to block the wind?

Correct on the Enkleman thing, nobody can score from a throw in. 

It’s just seems so bizarre that it be a corner though. A goal kick maybe, or even a penalty would make more sense than a corner.

10 minutes ago, Genie said:

Correct on the Enkleman thing, nobody can score from a throw in. 

It’s just seems so bizarre that it be a corner though. A goal kick maybe, or even a penalty would make more sense than a corner.

I guess it's that it crossed the byline (by extension if that continues through the goal) and the defending team did it. So makes a bit of sense in that respect. Not quite a comparable punishment when you bring in context though.

• Like 1

Every one complains about VAR. But it seems like England Women could have really benefited with VAR.

Did it take away the drama?

Should VAR have played a part in the offside decision? 

Surely even the biggest critics of VAR can admit it's got it's benefits and was missed in the England Women's game? 

Seems like there have been many mistakes this season, but at least those were from subjective calls by the ref/VAR 

this Diaz disallowed goal is a new level of mistake. It’s a objective call and shouldn’t happen 

heads need to roll

It's an absolute cancer on the game. We were incredibly lucky to be honest that they decided not to step in today and take half of our goals off of us. Obviously they were all legit goals, but VAR will frequently do anything they can to get involved, even overturning correct on-field decisions.

Edited by Mantis
  • Like 1

Jurgen Klopp. The man who has wanted to murder people over a throw in does nothing but shrug and smile over the offside goal and VAR **** up 

About says it all. Pointless even getting angry anymore.

Jobs for the boys.

Whole organisation should be disbanded. Not fit for purpose.

I've done my job for 15 years. Imagine me telling my boss that a key part of my job I do ever week....I just didn't do. Poof...knowledge straight went out of my head.

Sack them.

The Mike Dean admission wasn't a one off, this is what it's like in the PGMOL, its a click, jobs for the boys. You just cannot continue to make mistakes nearly every week in your job, these are supposed to be experienced referees, at the top of there game,  I just cannot comprehend how they make such obvious errors, no wonder fans think it's fixed.

14 minutes ago, Mantis said:

It's an absolute cancer on the game. We were incredibly lucky to be honest that they decided not to step in today and take half of our goals off of us. Obviously they were all legit goals, but VAR will frequently do anything they can to get involved, even overturning correct on-field decisions.

the thing is, i dont blame the VAR "system", it works very, very well in Rugby and other sports, and if it was applied correctly and consistently, it would work fine.

The problem is the incompetent and corrupt people running it.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â