General officiating/rules

StefanAVFC

Just now, bobzy said:

The difference is that the defending player in both instances still made the contact, even if the attacker was looking for it.

Martinez does not make contact with Kane at all.  Now, if he's stopping Kane getting the ball then it's a penalty IMO - the contact isn't needed.  But he isn't impeding him at all; Kane just kicks the ball away and collapses over him.

He did the same against Matty Cash whenever it was, too.

I just wish players would hold their ground more against Kane instead of diving in and giving him the chance to go to ground. He's not a player who can quickly move his feet and score from ridiculous angles so Emi stays up and the move probably just fizzles out as there wasn't a Spurs player within ten yards of him to pass.

1 hour ago, foreveryoung said:

As much as we hate it, the manufactured penalty is part of the game, an the refs will never be good enough to spot them, even with replays, not sure why? It's either they just aren't smart enough, or something currupt is going on.

The ref never gave a pen initially, it went to VAR and they recommended a pen and the ref went to the screen and changed his decision. if after all that a pen was still given, it’s blatant corruption, or big 6 bias at least. Palace or Fulham would not have got  a pen there today.

My favourite from today was in the first half where the spurs defender kicked through Buendia to win the ball - no free kick

On the resulting break away mcginn shoulder to shoulder on son - free kick

I've no problem with the ref saying Buendia isn't a foul if that's how he wants to ref the game but to then literally 5 seconds later give a foul for mcginns challenge is beyond taking the piss, it was ridiculous

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, duke313 said:

The ref never gave a pen initially, it went to VAR and they recommended a pen and the ref went to the screen and changed his decision. if after all that a pen was still given, it’s blatant corruption, or big 6 bias at least. Palace or Fulham would not have got  a pen there today.

There's also referees in the VAR room. So it was down to a ref being crap or corrupt, make your choice.

15 hours ago, Thug said:

It was a penalty from the contact point of view

what I’m more interested is how come they didn’t show the possible offside in the build up?

Me to he was definitely offside, just didn’t get why Ollie wasn’t awarded a penalty first half.

Why the delay on clear offsides ? I get marginal decision but how many times were Spurs allowed to play on when clearly offside? We got caught offside once and the flag went up straight away!

19 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Good to see some ex-refs aren't conned by Kane

Him and I seen Jeff Winter a few times also seem honest about decisions and its why they arent on Sky like Peter Walton supporting the refereeing cartel

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

a PL lino just flagged offside from a throw in. the standard of officiating in this league is utterly dreadful.

I said this yesterday in the reaction and rating thread. The standard of officiating is diabolical! Some is close to match fixing level its that bad 🤣

You may as well go grab some random people off the street that have some basic football knowledge and they would probably do a better job!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Another farce. Fabinho allowed kick people and no card

I don’t want to speak too soon but there’s been 4 big calls today that have all gone our way. Correctly yes, but we’ve been conditioned to believe that doesn’t happen so I think this has been a good day for officiating (so far). We’ve won every game with this ref this season.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, sne said:

On the added time thing. I'd be fine with it if it's been like this all season but they changed it (or started to enforce it differently) mid-season after the WC which I strongly dislike. Use the same rules the whole season.  It' also wildly inconsistent from game to game and team to team. Not claiming that it's us in particular they are after, it's not. But there's been as always a big club bias from what I've seen. Our games it's just random, the big teams get's as many minutes as they need.

Was 17 minutes added time today yet 5 in the Wolves game

Was not one serious injury or long VAR stoppage to get that time

Just now, Zatman said:

Was 17 minutes added time today yet 5 in the Wolves game

Was not one serious injury or long VAR stoppage to get that time

It did have a team playing in red needing a result thou. That trumps everything.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â