• Grealish
    • Watkins
    • Ramsey (Barkley 68)
    • El Ghazi (Traoré 68)
    • Taylor (Targett 75)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 22/01/21 at 23:59

1 minute ago, Villan_of_oz said:

According the laws of IFAB it is not offside

I = incompetent

F = Football

A = Accepting

B = Bribes

Very odd memory to have but the same rule was used against Villa against West Ham about 10 years ago, it made no sense to me then and it makes no sense now. Yes the goal was given to the letter of the law, but the law itself doesn’t reflect the fact that Rodri clearly gains an advantage from being in an offside position. So really that rule needs to be looked at because it’s not fit for purpose. 

edit: it was 2012 

Edited by MadridVilla

This season could be special but every single time we build a rhythm something happens, of a covid lockdown or a international break or whatever. Of we had none of this and allowed our rhythm to continue we'd be flying this season m we looked great of rusty today. We had a covid hit squad knackered not about to train with other until 3 days ago almost take a man city side who in that period we couldn't plain win 6 on the trot.

And our kids went toe to to with a full Liverpool squad last week.

In thouse, both ircumstances..

We are one special football club. Better and sharper and we'd won bother games.

We were magic

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

And saying Paul Lambert was in charge in our 2007 2-0 win over city with Carew and Maloney on the score sheet, imagine the outrage from Liverpool fans if we confused Roy Hodgson with Rafa Benitez

Outrageous! They should be tarred and feathered. 

1 minute ago, briny_ear said:

I’m afraid Peter Walton has just explained why the first goal was legitimate. Mings played the ball so that plays the previously offside player on.

Anyway, we battled hard & gave Man C almost as  good as we got. Missed a couple of good scoring chances though. You just can’t do that against a side like Man C.

Defended really well except for Mings’s lapse. 

Have given Grealish MOTM for the way he drove almost all of our attacks forward. But Martinez was superb as ever and - I fear @vreitti won’t like this - Targett had another excellent game.

Onward to Newcastle!

I read that the player in the offside position cannot tackle the defender... which Bernardo clearly does.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

And saying Paul Lambert was in charge in our 2007 2-0 win over city with Carew and Maloney on the score sheet, imagine the outrage from Liverpool fans if we confused Roy Hodgson with Rafa Benitez

Thought to myself when he said that's proof these Representative for Wellingborough pundits don't know anything about any clubs outside their beloved few.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Danishlad said:

it wasn't , cause mings gave him the ball

Mings doesnt panic and touch the ball if the pressure is not on, hence the attacker is interfering with play.

Dont believe the crap they try and protect the refs with!

Its offside!

As soon as I saw John Moss was the ref I said to myself, he will **** us tonight. How many times does he have to screw us over before the FA accept he has a bias? If it isn't his bias, there is some serious foul play going on. The FA/ Premier League simply don't want to risk upsetting the status quo and allowing for a super league. I'm convinced this is not a coincidence. 

**** VAR, **** the Premier League and **** John Moss.

I'm fortunate that I am a Newport County season ticket holder where VAR is non existent, otherwise I'd be sacking the game off all together. Its not what drew me to love the sport. Corruption at its highest level.

Â