Morgan Sanson

Delphinho123

On 23/10/2022 at 06:08, TheAuthority said:

I think the last think Sanson is doing is laughing about any of his time at Villa. He's wasted over 2 years of his life and what is a very short footballing career here. 

Yeah… it really is a shame… he was a highly rated player… I remember how excited and enthusiastic he was when he signed but it has been a disaster and I just feel sorry for the guy…

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Yeah… it really is a shame… he was a highly rated player… I remember how excited and enthusiastic he was when he signed but it has been a disaster and I just feel sorry for the guy…

Hopefully he gets a fresh start under the new regime and can be a valuable asset.

• Like 4

If Emery doesn’t pick him, or at least give him an extended run on the basis he will have a look at everyone as a new manager, can we put it to bed about Morgan not being treated fairly and accept he’s just not been good enough?

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Woody1000 said:

If Emery doesn’t pick him, or at least give him an extended run on the basis he will have a look at everyone as a new manager, can we put it to bed about Morgan not being treated fairly and accept he’s just not been good enough?

Sometimes it’s luck. He could’ve had a good chance when Grealish got injured, but he got injured aswell then he didn’t get a proper chance.

Smith had an injured Sanson for most of his time here.

Gerrard was Gerrard. Look at the players' reaction to him being gone, he was useless.

I don't think we have the slightest idea how good Sanson can be in the PL.

Thankfully, Unai will have a good idea already, and it won't take him long to be sure. If Sanson is the player I think he is we'll have a tidy player that becomes an asset rather than a complete financial liability.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

Imagine if Unai leaves him in the cold too 😭

I'd feel so bad for the guy. 

It's even more inevitable now there are only 2 midfielder spaces up for grabs and a 10 sometimes but he's not getting that ahead of Buendia JJ Coutinho etc.

4 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

It's even more inevitable now there are only 2 midfielder spaces up for grabs and a 10 sometimes but he's not getting that ahead of Buendia JJ Coutinho etc.

Sanson can and has played no.10 and wide, in theory he could fit in the less defensive of the double pivot, the no.10 role, or a wider of the AM three.

Whether he will or not is another question.

1 hour ago, Woody1000 said:

He was coming to the end of his contract I think (I might be wrong), which makes me wonder if he's on a particularly high wage in an area where we're absolutely stacked. The emergence of Ramsey, McGinn's accumulated credit at the club, and Sanson's injury haven't helped him, but if he is on big wages and is down the pecking order if makes him an obvious one to move on for that reason rather than him not being good enough. It's a possibility anyway.

I know we went on to sign Dendonker, but he is a proper DM. Only the idiot Gerrard was playing Dendonker as an 8 where Sanson would play.

2 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Sanson can and has played no.10 and wide, in theory he could fit in the less defensive of the double pivot, the no.10 role, or a wider of the AM three.

Yeah he'll probably struggle still. Dendoncker and Kamara have some size and are propr 6s having played as CBs. Then Luiz and McGinn are more hybrid players who are good going forward and can put in defensive shifts. 

JJ and Tim are young but could provide two more players for those roles

It'll be him, McGinn, Kamara, The Donk and Luiz competing for the two spots in front of the back four. Could conceivably play as the central player of the 3 behind the striker if we want to be compact and keep the ball rather than play an attacking/flair 10.

On that basis given injuries and there being 5 subs to use every game if he trains well then he should get a look in under Emery at some point. Last chance saloon though, through no fault of his own either mind, whenever Gerrard played him he looked very good. On merit he should have played instead of McGinn you'd have thought,, a few times at least.

9 minutes ago, bose said:

I don't think he's a poor player but we'll get our answer whether his attitude sucks or not. If the third manager in a row doesn't pick him then that's on him.

It doesn’t have to be any of those things to be fair.

Smith - injured.

Gerrard - clown.

Emery - has a lot more options with Kamara Donck and development of Ramsey and Tim

It can still be true that he was more than good enough to be in previous teams

• Like 1

I don't know where everyone has got the idea that Smith didn't fancy him. Smith picked him and he got injured for most of Smith's tenure.

He always looked great under Gerrard then due to brilliant man management he'd disappear from the match day squads.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MaVilla said:

Agreed. Also in his villareal style 4-4-2 Sanson can play the lo celso role but from the right. 

Clean slate for all players, but if he does not pick him then it is obviously down to him just not been good enough? Would like to hope there is a good player in there, but is this another transfer where we have had our pants pulled down on....

Â