Morgan Sanson

Delphinho123

31 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

Everytime he played for Villa he was ok. I never saw the hype. Based on what I've seen, he is not a starter. 

He is probably a good rotation player and it seems like that's his role now. 

Have we ever seen a game when we thought "wow, the guy can play"? 

Kamara played 2 games for us and we can see he's got it. 

I don't think Sanson does.  

i don't think that's the debate here though.

when was the last time mcginn put in that kind of performance? that's what the argument is

• Thanks 1

If he's allowed to go.goodluck to him hope he shines and the villa hierarchy hold there head in shame  we got burnt with veretout and history will repeat itself.

Steven Gerrard and Dean Smith are not the greatest managers ever but both have got this wrong and they will both have something else in common................. Both will have been sacked by Aston Villa Fc.

1 minute ago, villan501 said:

If he's allowed to go.goodluck to him hope he shines and the villa hierarchy hold there head in shame  we got burnt with veretout and history will repeat itself.

Steven Gerrard and Dean Smith are not the greatest managers ever but both have got this wrong and they will both have something else in common................. Both will have been sacked by Aston Villa Fc.

Veretout took us down and was awful for us. He couldn't cope with PL football, EVER

15 hours ago, M_Afro said:

If Sanson is so good (he’s not) why aren’t clubs knocking down our door to sign him on a cut price deal? He’s just not the player that anybody hoped he would be. The best we can hope for is a loan with a high percentage of his wages covered.

Maybe we're still demanding 15m for him so understandbly clubs just don't want to pay that when he's barely played in 12 months. And given he was a key player at Marseille I'd say he'd be in 50-60k wage bracket here so again not a wage many european clubs want to pay.

He should be on the bench. I can see reasons for giving Young 12 more months but we don't need him on the bench every single game. We had Konsa and Chambers on bench who can both cover RB and Augustinsson left back cover so four defenders plus a keeper feels a bit excessive for nine subs imo.

9 minutes ago, messi11 said:

Veretout took us down and was awful for us. He couldn't cope with PL football, EVER

And look how he turned out in Italy I mentioned what happend when he was chopped from the team the same as sanson your an argumentative so and so no actual focus but to respond with absolute drivel.

Sanson.will.be gone soon so knightmare will be over for him.

Edited by villan501
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, StewieGriffin said:

I can only assume his attitude must be rancid, because there are clearly glimpses of a decent player.

It really must be this.

His sarcastic "fit and available" insta post was a bit immature, but given how long he's been ignored I can't say I blame him for it.

The fact he did it though suggests there may be a bit more to it and he may have an attitude problem. 

There's literally nothing in his limited footballing cameos that suggests he shouldn't be starting, and he's already played in a midfield with Kamara in his career so surely can play there for us now.

Such a shocking waste of money to never give the guy any game time. if we really don't want him give him 20 minutes here and there and we'll get 15m for him.  As it is we'll be lucky to get 5m

• Like 1

I doubt it's an attitude thing as Kamara probably wouldn't have joined if he'd badmouthed us.

Wolves game is a case in point. Was probably our best midfielder that game yet is the one hauled off after an hour and then he's dropped for Spurs the following week.

It's very disappointing Gerrard just seemingly deems him as alternative to McGinn who of course is apparently unsubbable so he just can't get any minutes or even get on the bench.

Loan is best move here as you never know the situation next summer. Will still have two years left on his deal.

Seems we are still in the habit of devaluing our assets and making huge losses on them.

Oh for some Doug Ellis type of person to be on the board to even out the rational, the miserly old goat would have told the manager on any new signing, either have them in your first team game squad or they will be moved on ASAP to try and recoup the fees.

Bearing in mind the apparent rigorous checks and due diligence we carried out on all signings, I'm surprised that he is ( on here at least) such a disruptive person.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mic09 said:

Everytime he played for Villa he was ok. I never saw the hype. Based on what I've seen, he is not a starter. 

He is probably a good rotation player and it seems like that's his role now. 

Have we ever seen a game when we thought "wow, the guy can play"? 

Kamara played 2 games for us and we can see he's got it. 

I don't think Sanson does.  

It's obvious (to me at least) that Sanson has quality. He can actually dribble with it and seems comfortable with it in tight spaces.

What are you expecting from him in the very few chances he's had to show anything?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, messi11 said:

He was not awful. You could see his quality and he was always going to have a good career.

Did you take into account the absolute state of that side in general? Low on confidence, so many faces new to the PL. It was an absolute mess. But his ability was blindingly obvious.

Â