Morgan Sanson

Delphinho123

1 minute ago, tinker said:

Thanks for your input , all quiet on spacebook? 

I have already posted my thoughts. 

2 sets of management teams don’t rate him, the only rumoured interest is a £5m bid from Turkey, and some numpties on here think Gerrard is to blame, and that Sanson is better than McGinn. 

You lot make me laugh you really do. 

41 minutes ago, av1 said:

2 sets of management teams don’t rate him, the only rumoured interest is a £5m bid from Turkey, and some numpties on here think Gerrard is to blame, and that Sanson is better than McGinn. 

On Sanson, I like him and hoped he would be an upgrade on McGinn.

If he goes It seems I was wrong, I'm happy to admit that. 

There is an underlying feeling from many posters that because they type something it must be the truth when in fact it is just for the most part an opinion.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

How many players have we had linked with Turkish clubs over the last few years and how many transfers have actually materialised from those?

Only ones I can think of are Samatta and, hopefully, Trezeguet.

1 hour ago, Wainy316 said:

How many players have we had linked with Turkish clubs over the last few years and how many transfers have actually materialised from those?

The Turkish media also links us with a bunch of random centre backs from that league as well

Its bizarre

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

The Turkish media also links us with a bunch of random centre backs from that league as well

Its bizarre

Loved was it Mohammed Alpan was that his name was injured alot , but great defender through. 

13 hours ago, av1 said:

Just writing off the impact he had at Marseille and Montpellier.

You're quite a funny guy yourself.

It's all well and good saying get rid not good enough but Morgan sanson has simply not been given a fair go at villa. When he has played he has looked a tidy player, yes he's been injured but the overall view is he's not had a fair crack.

With regards to some people's views imagine as a footballer where the pressure is cranked up when you do start it's not acceptable to keep faith in failing players with zero repercussions and sanson starts and in his mind can't relax and express himself because others have a safe ride.

Imo he needs a regular run to determine if he can or cannot hold a place in the team unfortunately he's been written off without any chance at all.

• Like 3

The reality is we don’t know what goes on behind closed doors.

I believe a Sanson is a quality player and don’t believe he has been given an opportunity to cement a position, in regards to McGinn I do wonder whether he’s reached his level, he was unconvincing IMO for a majority of last season, the consistency went out the window.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, QldVilla said:

The reality is we don’t know what goes on behind closed doors.

I believe a Sanson is a quality player and don’t believe he has been given an opportunity to cement a position, in regards to McGinn I do wonder whether he’s reached his level, he was unconvincing IMO for a majority of last season, the consistency went out the window.

McGinn was consistently inconsistent, that's quite consistent to be fair.

Someone will need to do a study about why McGinn is so highly rated by everyone outside of Villa yet a large portion of the Villa fanbase don't rate him. 

He was by far the best player on Who Scored ratings at Villa last season. Showing his consistency. We've The Athletic showing how he was so fundamental in our ball progression and we were more reliant on McGinn for that than any other club was on any one of their players.

It's baffling. 

I remember that crazy huge crowd over exuberant celebration a Turkish side once had after they signed Darius bloody Vassell of all people lol, was hilariously bizarre. 

23 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Someone will need to do a study about why McGinn is so highly rated by everyone outside of Villa yet a large portion of the Villa fanbase don't rate him.

Probably because we watch him every game and see his limitations, and how wasteful he can be?

10 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

I've watched so many games where they just pass McGinn by, because he hasn't got the confidence to take the ball in tight situations.

He was a weakness which is simple press resistant passing. Which is why a player like say Wijnaldum playing in his pace against teams with a high press would be better for those games. But more than half the league are inferior teams who don't play a high press and McGinn's weakness is less of an issue and his strengths in progression of the ball and goals / assists are very well needed.

1 hour ago, turvontour said:

It feels like the players which we typically purchase from the french league dont tend to do too well, very rarely surpass expectations.

I don't think it's just us. Lacazette and Nicolas Pepe came to the Premier league with big reputations in France, but have been fairly average. Saint Maximin is another who only showed his talent occasionally last season.

Â