Morgan Sanson

Delphinho123

17 minutes ago, Newry_Villan said:

Gerrard punishing him for the bottle incident I think when he subbed him off. Not a good trait for a manager to hold grudges.

Gerrard punishing a player for throwing a tantrum ....oh the irony !!!

Just now, maxjackle said:

I can't understand why he didn't come in today. It has to be something in training as it seemed obvious.

I think it most likely he won't be here next season is the reason behind it.

2 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Knowing us we'll loan him out until his contract ends.

Might be the only option given his limited pitch time since he has been here. Can't imagine there would be much of a fee tbh.

I'm actually feeling sorry for him. A great game against Utd other than the back pass and now shunned whilst watching our midfield look absolutely piss poor. I'd be off if I was him. CL experience and he can't get a sniff in our team. 

• Like 1

I really hope he takes his chance next week. I wish we could drop McGinn and Luiz as both deserve to be dropped. I assume it'll only be one of them. I hope it's McGinn because he needs to be dropped the most. He's playing in his preferred position yet is playing terrible.

4 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

I really hope he takes his chance next week. I wish we could drop McGinn and Luiz as both deserve to be dropped. I assume it'll only be one of them. I hope it's McGinn because he needs to be dropped the most. He's playing in his preferred position yet is playing terrible.

Exactly.

Drop McGinn and give Luiz a chance in his preferred position.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CVByrne said:

McGinn won't be dropped. It's staggering.

5 hours ago, avfc1982am said:

I'm actually feeling sorry for him. A great game against Utd other than the back pass and now shunned whilst watching our midfield look absolutely piss poor. I'd be off if I was him. CL experience and he can't get a sniff in our team. 

That Sanson had a great game vs Man U except for the back pass is a popular myth.

He made at least one more mistake in that game which was just as bad, but where Martinez saved after Sanson played the ball directly on Elanga (beginning of 2nd half). He also got bypassed numerous times out wide, often through 1-2s, and struggled to recover. Caused the unnecessary free kick which led to their first goal. All that could be forgiven if he had contributed something going forward, but he didn’t.

No need for conspiracy theories. He hasn’t had many chances but there’s a reason for that.

However, now that Gerrard promised upcoming changes he could get another chance.

4 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

That Sanson had a great game vs Man U except for the back pass is a popular myth.

Yep, I can't remember ever seeing anything impressive from him in a villa shirt. Back to france in the summer. Flop.

1 hour ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

He made at least one more mistake in that game which was just as bad, but where Martinez saved after Sanson played the ball directly on Elanga (beginning of 2nd half). He also got bypassed numerous times out wide, often through 1-2s, and struggled to recover. Caused the unnecessary free kick which led to their first goal. All that could be forgiven if he had contributed something going forward, but he didn’t.

No need for conspiracy theories. He hasn’t had many chances but there’s a reason for that.

However, now that Gerrard promised upcoming changes he could get another chance.

He got unlucky with a clearance. It happens. Hause misjudged the bounce. And elanga went through.

And being bypassed through 1-2s is not the fault of a player but the team.

And mcginn would also have absolutely given that free kick away. It was in a nothing area where nothing should have come from it. We were under pressure and giving away a free kick would let us get organised vs the worst set piece team in the division. 

2 minutes ago, nepal_villan said:

He was a 30M player we signed at a heavy discount as his contract was running down. He played regularly in the Champions League and Marseille fans tried to burn down their training ground when he left. Yet he is not good enough to get a run of games for a bottom-half Premier League side.

Are you sure that was because of Sanson leaving?

4 minutes ago, TheMightyVillans said:

Gerrard at the start said sanson was going to be a big player for us and then pretty much hasn't played him since.

Managers say things they don’t mean. They talk about how players are important to give them hope and make them work harder, but that doesn’t have to mean they’ll play much. Like with VDB or Lingard at Man U or Saul at Chelsea.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â