Morgan Sanson

Delphinho123

9 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

Its not some wild reach lol. Its the simplest and most likely solution. What else could it possibly be?

Competition for places is tight. McGinn has been a mainstay of our rise, Luiz a player we've invested in and a player we see with a high ceiling, Ramsey is on fire.

You have to consider Sansons fitness, and that even when up to speed, his involvement requires at least some degree of accommodation for the different assets and liabilities of the change in personnel, from a tactical perspective and Gerrards approach. 

Then you have at a lot of clubs, a mandate to promote the youth where it's possible and not to the detriment of the clubs prospects. 

Ash Young is a player who is capable and would have been given a verbal that he would see the pitch too.

Morgan made a meal of a good opportunity to impress, more by his reaction to his substitution than by his error against United. That doesn't inspire confidence and morale in a manager who's got some tough choices to make.

None of these factors indicate the management of the day does not rate Morgan highly enough to play him. There's just better options currently. 

Edited by A'Villan

6 minutes ago, A'Villan said:

None of these factors indicate the management of the day does not rate Morgan highly enough to play him. There's just better options currently. 

Isn't saying there's better options currently and saying he does not rate him highly enough to play him the same thing?

Like, you could combine that into one sentence. The manager does not rate him highly enough over the current options to play him.

3 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

Isn't saying there's better options currently and saying he does not rate him highly enough to play him the same thing?

Like, you could combine that into one sentence. The manager does not rate him highly enough over the current options to play him.

Maybe I've not read the room well then.

I took it to mean that both the managers don't rate him highly enough to give him enough of an opportunity to show his worth and integrate, based on that he isn't up to standard. 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, A'Villan said:

I think you're connecting certain points to draw your own outline and picture for why Sanson hasn't featured. I'd say there's more to it than he simply isn't rated highly enough to command minutes.

Really?!

Surely, the most obvious conclusion as to why Sanson isn't playing is because the management team don't rate him?
I have no agenda on Sanson. I'd love him to be a massive success here but people seem to be overlooking the obvious and that is that he isn't rated highly enough to play consistently for us. 

Collectively Sanson has done very well whenever he has played.

In contrast some feel McGinn is far too inconsistent and even Luiz gets his fair share of criticism.

I agree that bringing on Sanson for Buendia in hindsight would seem like a better option.

Gerrard has at least given him a chance, started v Chelsea and Man. United in last 6 weeks so those aren't games you throw a player in if you don't rate them. He'd have started more but think he was injured/covid around time of Leicester/Norwich games.

Don't understand why he didn't get on last night when Buendia went off as could've just pushed Ramsey further forward. Wonder if Gerrard has written him off a bit now given his pass lead to Man. United's second.

Still plenty of games to play so not like he will hardly feature rest of the season.

11 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

He played as 8 at Marseille so would be exactly like playing Luiz or even McGinn as DM.

More likely Chambers.

Yeah I know. It's just that Luiz isn't doing a particularly good job there, so may as well try someone else. Would be happy to see Chambers given a go too. 

9 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Yeah I know. It's just that Luiz isn't doing a particularly good job there, so may as well try someone else. Would be happy to see Chambers given a go too

Chambers was great as a DM for Fulham, but because of Konsa's silly red card, I doubt he'll play there vs Newcastle.

I thought the subs could have been better yesterday, clearly we dont see training, and wonder if there is a subconscious pressure to try Carney, but felt that Sanson would have offered more.  

I think Carney and his entourage have a higher view and expectation than he has earned, yesterday was an example of being given enough rope only to hang yourself. I dont think he gets a start ahead of Sanson next time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Collectively Sanson has done very well whenever he has played.

In contrast some feel McGinn is far too inconsistent and even Luiz gets his fair share of criticism.

I agree that bringing on Sanson for Buendia in hindsight would seem like a better option.

He had a good 30mins once. Hardly rate that as very well tbh.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, thunderball said:

I thought the subs could have been better yesterday, clearly we dont see training, and wonder if there is a subconscious pressure to try Carney, but felt that Sanson would have offered more.  

I think Carney and his entourage have a higher view and expectation than he has earned, yesterday was an example of being given enough rope only to hang yourself. I dont think he gets a start ahead of Sanson next time.

I do think we are trying to bribe Carney to sign a new deal by giving him all these minutes recently

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I do think we are trying to bribe Carney to sign a new deal by giving him all these minutes recently

Definitely. I think he's been tapped up and has a move somewhere ready to go if villa don't give him what he wants. 

3 hours ago, Zatman said:

I think this also and I don't like it if it is what is going on. Although there are no facts to back it up it's just a feeling I have. If he isn't committed to us though, ta rah.    

5 hours ago, PieFacE said:

I'd be tempted to start him against Newcastle and have him playing as a 6 instead of Luiz. 

He's played over 30 games in that position in his career so he's capable and deserves a chance

23 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

I think this also and I don't like it if it is what is going on. Although there are no facts to back it up it's just a feeling I have. If he isn't committed to us though, ta rah.    

Not quite sure I understand this. Surely it makes perfect sense to give minutes to a highly rated youngster at risk of leaving the club over a fairly inconsistent/average senior pro like Sanson? Otherwise, we're at risk of doing exactly what we all still class as the stupidest thing MON ever did allowing an outstanding young player (now retired?) to leave for a desperately average senior pro. It would be as inconceivable as it would unforgivable to not learn from such MONumental(!) stupidity as this.

Gerrard is doing exactly the right thing here.

Â