Wayne Rooney

Zatman

5 hours ago, Genie said:

He isn’t a good enough talker to have a regular gig as a regular pundit either.

Maybe United will give him a job as a backroom coach for one of the non-first teams.

I imagine he's the type that'll just end up fading into obscurity and in 20 years time kids will know about him as a player but have no idea he was a manager as well. A la Neville brothers, Gerrard, Lampard. 

With the talent he has at his disposal at Plymouth even staying to the end of August could be terminally damaging. If him being around makes Whitaker and Mumba amongst a couple others get twitchy and get their agents looking for a way out. 

15 minutes ago, skarroki said:

With the talent he has at his disposal at Plymouth even staying to the end of August could be terminally damaging. If him being around makes Whitaker and Mumba amongst a couple others get twitchy and get their agents looking for a way out. 

Argyle have already turned down offers for Whitaker and don't intend to sell unless for big money.

However, Wayne has already thrown the players under the boss after the game yesterday. Just like he did at City. Way to get the squad on side.

Seriously hope he's sacked before Christmas and they have time to get a decent coach in. 

1 minute ago, Rds1983 said:

The Derby job looks more and more like it was down to Rosenior and not Rooney. 

I'd agree to an extent, especially tactically, but I think Rooney definitely got the man management side that season spot on. 

1 hour ago, Rds1983 said:

Rosenior is a great coach and manager I think, shame he's not just faffing about in the Chelsea setup and not immediately back into management 

1 hour ago, Avfc96 said:

I'd agree to an extent, especially tactically, but I think Rooney definitely got the man management side that season spot on. 

Whereas his man management at Blues and seemingly now Argyle has been awful.

4 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

Throwing the players under the bus after one game.  He's done.

10 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

In the context of the situation, backs against the wall, nothing to lose etc he played it right with Derby.

I agree, it's been shambolic since. Nearly as bad as Gerrard's was here.

30 minutes ago, Avfc96 said:

In the context of the situation, backs against the wall, nothing to lose etc he played it right with Derby.

I agree, it's been shambolic since. Nearly as bad as Gerrard's was here.

He was paying some of the players wages at Derby so that probably helped with morale.

2 hours ago, Rds1983 said:

I was hoping Ireland would appoint rosenior. Always spoke intelligently on sky when he was on there and understood tactics very well. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, skarroki said:

Rosenior is a great coach and manager I think, shame he's not just faffing about in the Chelsea setup and not immediately back into management 

He is managing though as Strasbourg Head Coach

12 hours ago, Rds1983 said:

I'd agree. He was on the overlap if I recall and says he sees himself as a manager and not a coach (ala Gerrard)

I think England ex players are the only people who think you can get paid 2m a year to let somebody else do your job. It's bizarre.

9 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

I think England ex players are the only people who think you can get paid 2m a year to let somebody else do your job. It's bizarre.

Not true, is a bunch of stupid people like Purslow who actually pay them for this 😂

Usually, I find that even the most questionable decisions in football have some sort of explanation or reasoning behind them. However, hiring Rooney as manager, especially after his time at Birmingham, leaves me so perplexed that I simply cannot find a logical reason for it (except maybe that he's a friend of the directors?).

He's an abysmal manager and comes across as an abysmal person and an idiot

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Chicken Field said:

Usually, I find that even the most questionable decisions in football have some sort of explanation or reasoning behind them. However, hiring Rooney as manager, especially after his time at Birmingham, leaves me so perplexed that I simply cannot find a logical reason for it (except maybe that he's a friend of the directors?).

He's an abysmal manager and comes across as an abysmal person and an idiot

I guess the only thing he brings is his name. Maybe it brings sponsors and social media coverage. It really doesn’t look good value though.

• Like 1

"I've told them after the game if I see a performance like that again from any player - whether they've been at the club for a long time or whether they've just come into the club as a new player - they will not play," Rooney told BBC Radio Devon.

"From my point of view you can lose football games, that happens, but you have to do the basics and you have to make sure you run and you tackle and you're getting to the ball and that wasn't there.

"The players know, they understand they have to be at it every game."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/articles/cewlxr1drw8o.amp

**** me, it's Stevie Gerrard.

Is there any member of the 'golden generation' that isn't a complete word removed?

32 minutes ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

As a side note it is a bit rotten that there is a Liverpudlian stranglehold on Plymouth jobs all stemming from the director of football. Can't be good corporate governance.

Last 3 managers from Liverpool. Director of Football taught Gerrard at school so a logical move for him when Saudis dump him

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Zatman said:

Last 3 managers from Liverpool. Director of Football taught Gerrard at school so a logical move for him when Saudis dump him

Dewsnip is likely to be hounded out by the fans when Rooney inevitably gets sacked. The Foster appointment being such a disaster has lost a lot of the good will and was then followed by this idiocy. Add in how he's handled stuff like the Cooper sale and he's not overly popular right now.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â