Diet and Weightloss

Seat68

7 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

So hows everyone getting on? Dieting now before crimbo or you gonna just take a hit until the new year?

My bodys gone into some wierd mode. I seem to not put weight on when i have sugary snacks, but if i touch pasta rice bread (the carby stuff) ill put on a couple pounds. Same with fruit like bananas or apples.

But im generally happy as ive kept the weight off . In the space of 12 months gone from a size large to small for jumpers.

Only downside is i have so many clothes that dont fit me now as way too big.

I'm doing 800 calories max 2 days a week and its working. Realise I'll take a hit over xmas but looking to do it tues and fri in the week between the eves, just to keep the habit in place

EDIT: Just start listening to the Happy Mondays and the Stone roses and you'll get away with the clothes ;)

4 minutes ago, bickster said:

I'm doing 800 calories max 2 days a week and its working. Realise I'll take a hit over xmas but looking to do it tues and fri in the week between the eves, just to keep the habit in place

EDIT: Just start listening to the Happy Mondays and the Stone roses and you'll get away with the clothes ;)

Wow 800 a day thats great bicks. Im on about 1600.

So im guessing your doing one meal a day?

19 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

So hows everyone getting on? Dieting now before crimbo or you gonna just take a hit until the new year?

I'm bulking up like an Alaskan bear preparing for the cold winter ahead. 

Problem is, I was fat to to start with! 

I'll start being good in January ;) 

• Haha 3

39 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

My bodys gone into some wierd mode. I seem to not put weight on when i have sugary snacks, but if i touch pasta rice bread (the carby stuff) ill put on a couple pounds. Same with fruit like bananas or apples.

But im generally happy as ive kept the weight off . In the space of 12 months gone from a size large to small for jumpers.

Only downside is i have so many clothes that dont fit me now as way too big.

Shite

My exercise routine is currently at about 400 steps per day

Wouldn't even say my eating is crazy or out of control (it's not good either...) but my lack of activity let alone exercise is terrible

32 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Wow 800 a day thats great bicks. Im on about 1600.

So im guessing your doing one meal a day?

its 800 a day twice a week, I eat normally the rest of the week. I've also really cut back on drinking, not really deliberately, thats just sort of happened.

On a 800 day I'll have some instant Soba Noodles in a pot for lunch (usually about 220 cal) and then a light meal for tea, something usually around 550 cal. Really its only 800 calories over 36 hours each time because of the spacing between meals

If I drink coffee on those days its always black

I even went to a gig on diet day this week and just drank water, which must be a first

• Like 1

8 hours ago, bickster said:

its 800 a day twice a week, I eat normally the rest of the week. I've also really cut back on drinking, not really deliberately, thats just sort of happened.

On a 800 day I'll have some instant Soba Noodles in a pot for lunch (usually about 220 cal) and then a light meal for tea, something usually around 550 cal. Really its only 800 calories over 36 hours each time because of the spacing between meals

If I drink coffee on those days its always black

I even went to a gig on diet day this week and just drank water, which must be a first

Sounds like your doing a bit of intermittent fasting too whoch massively helps with weight loss.

I dont really drink alcohol much these days as i have fatty liver (its more non alcoholic but i still need to look after it) compared to 12 months ago my liver function is still a little elevated but alot better than what it was. Never in a million years would i have thought keto would help with fatty liver

8 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Shite

My exercise routine is currently at about 400 steps per day

Wouldn't even say my eating is crazy or out of control (it's not good either...) but my lack of activity let alone exercise is terrible

Maybe try some youtube work outs if your stuck at home. There is a lot of great walking videos that will help while the weathers shit

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Maybe try some youtube work outs if your stuck at home. There is a lot of great walking videos that will help while the weathers shit

I'm currently driving to work / sat in the office 6.30am to 7pm, just haven't got time

30 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I'm currently driving to work / sat in the office 6.30am to 7pm, just haven't got time

Man thats some  crazy hours mate. If your workin that much and your not moving much its key you eat well as its so easy putting weight on.

I had a job like this about 15 years ago it was terrible for my eating so i feel your pain and know how difficult it can be

• Like 1

Still in good shape, but December has been busy with work and not enough time in the gym, and a workplace full of chocolates and cookies, so I can’t keep going like this too long. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Sounds like your doing a bit of intermittent fasting too whoch massively helps with weight loss.

I dont really drink alcohol much these days as i have fatty liver (its more non alcoholic but i still need to look after it) compared to 12 months ago my liver function is still a little elevated but alot better than what it was. Never in a million years would i have thought keto would help with fatty liver

What was is at its worst, mine was 310 😬

15 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

End Nov / Dec is stupid crazy for me work wise , I work more hours than a teacher during this time , which means lots of 25 hour days :) 

but as a result , my diet for the past few weeks has mainly consisted of Doritos , biscuits and coffee 

I'll get back to normal end of this week for a few days and then switch to a Toblerone and Celebrations diet until the new year 

• 1 month later...

So got my A1c result back and delighted to report that ive gone from pre diabetic to completey normal. Thank god was terrified hence why i took action before it was too late. God bless keto!

Anyone who is pre diabetic i would highly recommend doing keto for 6 months odd as you can reverse it. Its only when your actually diabetic its difficult. If in doubt go to your GP and ask for a A1C blood test as it measures your blood sugars over the most recent 3 month period

• Like 3

Kind of slobbed it til about mid-Januray (up to and including my booze and curry filled weekend in Brum) but have since taken back control over both diet and proper gym routines. Thankfully, my overall fitness and physique was solid enough not to be visibly or measurably impacted by a month of relative sloth and glutony. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

So got my A1c result back and delighted to report that ive gone from pre diabetic to completey normal. Thank god was terrified hence why i took action before it was too late. God bless keto!

Anyone who is pre diabetic i would highly recommend doing keto for 6 months odd as you can reverse it. Its only when your actually diabetic its difficult. If in doubt go to your GP and ask for a A1C blood test as it measures your blood sugars over the most recent 3 month period

The correct way to do this is with a proper blood glucose screening over a 4-6 hr period post ingestion of a glucose mixture.

A1C etc., are one secondary markers as to the state of your system. If they indicate a problem, it is likely worse than indicated.

Awesome stuff on getting yourself sorted out!

• Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, Risso said:

After really, really  overdoing it over most of December I'm back on the old keto diet, and have lost 9 pounds of the stone I put on.

Its literally the best diet isnt it? Like you can eat good food and it works so well

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â