Lamare Bogarde

lexicon

I thought he did better second half than than first, well until that last 5 minutes when the whole defence went to pot.

He wasn't great, but I think he looked better than Swinkels. He can only improve though under Emery's guidance (like all our young players will).

13 hours ago, Zatman said:

Its like nobody learned anything ever from the Jacob Ramsey, Duran or Rogers thread. I wonder do other fans of European clubs expect the young players to be as good as the first team in the first few weeks

This is not Steve Bruce forced into giving a young player a game because they have no options, this is Unai Emery an elite manager feeding a player games

The thing is, nobody, or nobody I've seen, is writing him off.

Nobody is saying we should sell him or never play him again or he's never going to be any good.

People are just pointing out that, right now, his performances are miles off it.

People can pretend he's playing well because he's an academy prospect if they like. But the truth is he isn't. 

It doesn't make you negative to point out that he has been really poor since he came into the team.

I'm sure he has a big future, especially as Emery has faith in him. But right now he's absolutely miles off the required level. And it's pretty annoying being labelled a shit fan or overly negative to point that out

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, duke313 said:

But Konsa plays regularly for us at RB, with Carlos playing CB,  I can't imagine Bogarde would be any worse at CB than Carlos already is?

I'd be very concerned. Carlos at least as proved him can perform against the best and although Bogarde might prove to be a great cb for us  he looked vulnerable last night against much inferior opposition. 

29 minutes ago, duke313 said:

But Konsa plays regularly for us at RB, with Carlos playing CB,  I can't imagine Bogarde would be any worse at CB than Carlos already is?

Why? 

People often say this about youth players. 
But based on what?

Based on the performances for the Aston Villa first team, Carlos looks like Maldini compared to Bogarde's current level. And I don't rate Carlos

• Thanks 1

Bogarde playing more should improve him, be it not as quick as we currently like. However, giving him game time hasn’t cost us anything yet. We haven’t lost games with him playing.

As long as we don’t lose games, I’m chill with giving the youngsters a run out.  Including Bogarde.

It’s all managing the risk and Emery has done ok with it, so far. We now have a player with PL/CL experience. If he doesn’t end up getting to the needed level for Villa, that experience he’s gained will only add value to a transfer. 

Edited by CarryOnVilla
  • Like 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â