Lamare Bogarde

lexicon

15 minutes ago, daggy_333 said:

Some pure bile spouted by some of our fans in this thread. Love a scapegoat they do.

yep also if this was a Brighton or Brentford player it would be enormous praise for blooding a youngster who developed in the academy

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

He's a kid. We won against a Champ/League 1 level side and conceded only in the last moments. Why knock him? He should be proud to have gotten the trust of Emery at such an early stage of his career, not slandered by those who don't understand youth development but call themselves fans.

• Like 3

He's a good young prospect, but he didn't play very well last night. Nor did anybody else for that matter, but we don't have to pretend he was good when he wasn't. He'll obviously have better games in the future, but I don't think he's ready yet.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, PaulC said:

Looked very composed on the ball at times but also played some loose passes. Thought our defence looked a bit dodgy though and could have conceded more.

I think fielding such an inexperienced back line and a new GK impacted the whole performance.

Ideally you want an experienced CB there helping the backline through. 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

He’s been rubbish since the start of the season. Not one decent performance. 

Of course his performances are not good enough for the Premier League yet. The key word is yet. 

Tim Iroegbunam had a season of Champion experience and wasn't good enough for Premier League last season. He seems to be getting rave reviews now though despite how bad Everton have done. 

Young players have steep learning curves to go with steep performance increases. Jacob Ramsey wasn't doing much when Deano kept him around for our season in 20/21.

They need games to get the improvement. 

1 minute ago, CVByrne said:

Of course his performances are not good enough for the Premier League yet. The key word is yet. 

Tim Iroegbunam had a season of Champion experience and wasn't good enough for Premier League last season. He seems to be getting rave reviews now though despite how bad Everton have done. 

Young players have steep learning curves to go with steep performance increases. Jacob Ramsey wasn't doing much when Deano kept him around for our season in 20/21.

They need games to get the improvement. 

Yes i agree..... you can go back to Ugo Ehiogus inauspicious start for Villa in the 90s for a good example of why players shouldn't be written off for poor performances initially.

50 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

He’s been rubbish since the start of the season. Not one decent performance. 

Has he played in his preferred position yet? Alright he hasn't been great but you can't expect much from him given the circumstances he's been put into. 

It's a bit of a catch 22 situation for me. FWIW I haven't been impressed with him at all, even against Fleetwood and again last night.

The problem (I think) is there are hardly any easy games to play him or others on the fringe. If we were coasting in 11th near the end of the season with no chance of Europe or relegation then sure, play the nippers.

Edited by mottaloo

You can agree and know that young players are raw, need games, experience and development and will make mistakes.

You can also say if they're played shit when they've clearly been shit. You think Bogarde isn't coming off that pitch thinking I've had a right stinker.

It ain't that deep.

The guys 20, hes not a 16 or 17 year old we are trying to bring in.  He needs to start performing if he’s to break into the team.  

All these fans on here being sanctimonious when someone criticises his performances and thinking they are better fans because they don’t.  

Its similar to Mings, you better not criticise him or your not a fan 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

You can agree and know that young players are raw, need games, experience and development and will make mistakes.

You can also say if they're played shit when they've clearly been shit. You think Bogarde isn't coming off that pitch thinking I've had a right stinker.

It ain't that deep.

He didn't 🤔

The problem here is that the promising players don’t play that many games in reality as the bridge between Under 21’s and the first team is non-existent.  This is why I still advocate reserve team football was a great proving ground for young talent.  It’s time to bring back a Central League in some format!!!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, M_Afro said:

He does some good and some bad. He’s a young player, what do people expect? He definitely has ability. I sometimes think that people don’t watch the game they just act like sheep and go with a populous view. He was far from our worst player tonight.

I thought he played pretty well.

Granted, he made a couple of errors, but it was a bit of a grind with Wycombe sat deep & smothering all the space in the middle.

There were experienced players who made more errors & played worse than Bogarde last night, in my humble opinion.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Here's an idea.  Why don't we play Bogarde at CB beside Pau, and play Konsa at RB?

Konsa is our best cb defensively though so that would leave us very vulnerable in that area. 

Bogarde didn't do badly at rb. Hopefully cash back soon.

4 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Konsa is our best cb defensively though so that would leave us very vulnerable in that area. 

Bogarde didn't do badly at rb. Hopefully cash back soon.

But Konsa plays regularly for us at RB, with Carlos playing CB,  I can't imagine Bogarde would be any worse at CB than Carlos already is?

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â