Lamare Bogarde

lexicon

4 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

I'm sorry but he was. He literally passed it to the opposition 4 times under no pressure.

He had the best passing accuracy of any of our starting players :D 

Edit:  And also the most passes, and most touches of the ball :D 

Edited by bobzy
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Mate. Don’t let the facts get in the way. The Villa faithful have made up their mind. They know better than Unai.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Also the lowest match rating :)

Edit : factos

Edited by rodders0223

Just now, bcarpet said:

I think some people in this thread obviously don't like the guy so they are jumping on him as much as they can. They will have a go at bogarde but praise swinkles, where as both probably had a similar game and in fact the one being praised was probably at the fault for the goal.

They are both young kids with a lot to learn. Give them both time to learn it.

Yes, it’s quite bizarre to see. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, M_Afro said:

We’ve had an unbelievable start to the season and people want to hate on a young lad. Our best ever manager, who sees him every day, obviously rates him. Maybe we should give him a chance before we write him off.

We've beaten teams we should be beating tbh, so I'm not sure I'd proclaim we've had an unbelievable start. We've had a good start but unbelievable, I don't see it that way. 

Bogarde wasn't very good, but he is young so may well just need time. I thought Swinkels looked far more assured though. 

3 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Good point this, easy to go hiding and not to show so much for the ball. His mistakes weren't great but they'll happen more than to someone who doesn't show for the ball. I bet Emery doesn't even care much about the misplaced passes. Thought he could have defended better at times but he's young it happens. 

Bogarde looks very composed at times but then  a bit out of his depth at other times. He obviously has talent but is lacking match experience and is still a bit too raw, it mght be worth a loan spell in the second half of the season. I don’t think it’s fair to write him off but maybe he’s a bit further away than hoped at this moment in time.

1 minute ago, bcarpet said:

I think some people in this thread obviously don't like the guy so they are jumping on him as much as they can. They will have a go at bogarde but praise swinkles, where as both probably had a similar game and in fact the one being praised was probably at the fault for the goal.

They were both at fault for the goal to be fair. 

Bogarde was crap tonight. But we know he’s absolutely miles off it. 

Im sure he’s got a good future but he shouldn’t be starting for this team at the moment. He just isnt ready yet

I thought it was a strange game for him, he made four or five very bad passes, a couple of which could have been costly, but inbetween those moments was possibly our best player, some of his moments of composure and coolness on the ball were rather exceptional. But all in all, I think it was further evidence that his best position is central midfield

Unai seems to be giving him plenty of game time because we couldn't get our first choice RB/CB hybrid and hoping he can learn.  I don't think this was the plan so I think it's harsh to be too negative towards him.  I doubt we would normally have chosen League 1 loan straight to PL and CL football as a pathway, he looks really nervous all the time and I don't blame him.

19 minutes ago, useless said:

I thought it was a strange game for him, he made four or five very bad passes, a couple of which could have been costly, but inbetween those moments was possibly our best player, some of his moments of composure and coolness on the ball were rather exceptional. But all in all, I think it was further evidence that his best position is central midfield

Trouble is, he can't be making those passes in midfield either

37 minutes ago, bcarpet said:

Its like nobody learned anything ever from the Jacob Ramsey, Duran or Rogers thread. I wonder do other fans of European clubs expect the young players to be as good as the first team in the first few weeks

This is not Steve Bruce forced into giving a young player a game because they have no options, this is Unai Emery an elite manager feeding a player games

• Like 2

Just now, Zatman said:

Its like nobody learned anything ever from the Jacob Ramsey, Duran or Rogers thread. I wonder do other fans of European clubs expect the young players to be as good as the first team in the first few weeks

This is not Steve Bruce forced into giving a young player a game because they have no options, this is Unai Emery an elite manager feeding a player games

Some pure bile spouted by some of our fans in this thread. Love a scapegoat they do.

I think some of his bad passes were in part due to him trying to be positive in terms of trying to start attacks from the back, as a reaction to our other defenders not doing so, so was trying to take the initiative in that regard, in midfield he wouldn't be in the same scenario, in that position he keeps it relatively simple, but has quality in being able to pick the right pass whilst staying composed, and he's pretty good ball carrier too, perhaps surprisngly

41 minutes ago, bcarpet said:

They were both poor for the goal in fairness

Bogarde played him onside by being slow to get out, Swinkels should never have let it bounce and then both of them defended it terribly.

They're young, these things happen. I'm sure they're both talented but I'm not sure Bogarde is ready for the level we want to be at the moment and he's under more scrutiny because he's in the first team

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â