Lamare Bogarde

lexicon

14 minutes ago, nepal_villan said:

What qualities are you seeing in him that leads you to believe he can be a solid RB?  So far I have not seen any speed, 1v1 defending, overlapping, crossing or physicality out of him.

It doesnt really matter what qualities any of us see or do not see, it matters what Emery and the coaching staff see. Based on their decision to play Lamare it appears they see enough. I agree he struggled today but if he plays over Ned I trust that it’s for good reason.

• Like 2

Fully respect and love everything that Unai continues to do for us, but leaving a young lad in a position he's clearly unsuited to is plain irresponsible.

I'm sure Bogarde has talent, but I'm sorry but he'll never be a right back as long as he has a hole up his arse.

Time for the experiment to end, before it really costs us. Give the kid minutes in his own position so he can get some confidence back.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, grantholtgolazo said:

It doesnt really matter what qualities any of us see or do not see, it matters what Emery and the coaching staff see. Based on their decision to play Lamare it appears they see enough. I agree he struggled today but if he plays over Ned I trust that it’s for good reason.

Emery has earned our trust but he is not infallible. I questioned him on Olsen and I question him on Bogarde. Would be over the moon if proven wrong.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dillon66 said:

Fully respect and love everything that Unai continues to do for us, but leaving a young lad in a position he's clearly unsuited to is plain irresponsible.

I'm sure Bogarde has talent, but I'm sorry but he'll never be a right back as long as he has a hole up his arse.

Time for the experiment to end, before it really costs us. Give the kid minutes in his own position so he can get some confidence back.

With respect, you have no idea of Emery’s goals playing him there. He might agree the kid will never be a right back, but see a gap in his game at centre back that can be worked on by playing him at full back. Or it might be something completely different. But the point is there may be way more happening here than an experiment to see how he does at right back.

Equally of course you might be totally right!

6 hours ago, AndyClarke said:

Make no mistake, Lammy is quality, he's just struggling to adapt to playing right back at the level we operate at. Struggling to see why we keep playing him there at the moment, but Unai knows better than I do and we've won all 3 of those games 🤷‍♂️

"Lammy".

Shudder.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, AndyClarke said:

Make no mistake, Lammy is quality, he's just struggling to adapt to playing right back at the level we operate at. Struggling to see why we keep playing him there at the moment, but Unai knows better than I do and we've won all 3 of those games 🤷‍♂️

Because we don't have many other RB choices -- and that we have to resolve an almost insurmountably intricate set of competing squad demands at a crucial moment in club history?

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Dillon66 said:

I actually don’t think hes a CB either.  Looks to small

8 hours ago, Caddy said:

Bogarde is playing the Foyth/Konsa "RB who plays as a 3rd CB in possession" role it seems, to keep the tactical setup consistent for when Carlos is fit and Konsa can be shifted to RB, as we saw tonight. I think that's why he's playing ahead of Ned.

That’s the problem though - he doesn’t participate in the build up from the back in the slightest, so we’re doing it with 2 instead of 3 players. It limits the options and causes Tielemans and Onana to drop further back, either compressing the field or leaving a huge gap between them and Ollie/Rogers.

I’ve no problem with a young lad cutting his teeth but playing him, regardless of his mistakes as a RB, isn’t consistent with the tactical setup we’re used with for an Unai team.

9 hours ago, nepal_villan said:

What qualities are you seeing in him that leads you to believe he can be a solid RB?  So far I have not seen any speed, 1v1 defending, overlapping, crossing or physicality out of him.

I think he has shown good control of the football, along with good passing ability. He has shown glimpses of the speed he has in his locker. Its not the same as Nedeljkovic's speed, so looks weaker than it is, in my humble opinion, 

And I am convinced that he is doing what Emery asks of him in terms of sitting a little deeper to make up that back trio.

Defensively, he hasn't been too solid though. Especially when it comes to holding that backline or stopping crosses.

There is more to come from him though, I am convinced. 

9 minutes ago, Andy_10 said:

I think he has shown good control of the football, along with good passing ability. He has shown glimpses of the speed he has in his locker. Its not the same as Nedeljkovic's speed, so looks weaker than it is, in my humble opinion, 

And I am convinced that he is doing what Emery asks of him in terms of sitting a little deeper to make up that back trio.

Defensively, he hasn't been too solid though. Especially when it comes to holding that backline or stopping crosses.

There is more to come from him though, I am convinced. 

Defensively he's very good one-on-one and wins a lot of tackles but he's not used to the standard or size of wingers running at him yet.

He's not played a whole heap of senior level games, let alone at RB. 

Look lads, if you want us to develop young players you have to accept the mistakes. They all will make them and they need to, to learn. 

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

He’s really grown into himself and the roles Unai asks of him after a shaky but promising debut. It just goes to show it’s never fair to write a player off after one performance. 

What?

He got hauled off at half-time last night because he was getting roasted.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Defensively he's very good one-on-one and wins a lot of tackles but he's not used to the standard or size of wingers running at him yet.

He's not played a whole heap of senior level games, let alone at RB. 

Look lads, if you want us to develop young players you have to accept the mistakes. They all will make them and they need to, to learn. 

We are on the same page regarding developing young players. 👍

• Thanks 1

All teams are aware now that this position is a problem and everybody is piling up the pressure down this side.

Can't wait for Cash to come back or Emery to shift Konsa out to cover RB. It should help a little bit. But still our weakest point.

Edited by Czarnikjak

5 minutes ago, Czarnikjak said:

All teams are aware now that this position is a problem and everybody is piling up the pressure down this side.

Can't wait for Cash to come back or Emery to shit Konsa out to cover RB. It should help a little bit. But still our weakest point.

😱

• Haha 4

6 minutes ago, Czarnikjak said:

Can't wait for Cash to come back or Emery to shift Konsa out to cover RB. It should help a little bit. But still our weakest point.

Yes but that is a worse eventuality because it means we have to put up with Carlos at CB. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â