Lamare Bogarde

lexicon

6 minutes ago, vazquez said:

It will be Musiala, Gnabry and Davies running in his space, huge challenge for anyone.

Not too convinced with anyone we have to be honest against that lot. But still think that repeat of the 1982 is coming.

Geertruida would have transformed us further. Would also mean we wouldn’t need Carlos on for some suicidal defending.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Andy_10 said:

He was poor tonight & the decision to sub him was correct.

I think that'll be it for him for the moment. Carlos will start and Konsa will move to RB. He's not a right back and it shows. 

10 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Geertruida would have transformed us further. Would also mean we wouldn’t need Carlos on for some suicidal defending.

Unfortunately we couldn’t find a way to offload Carlos’ wages so we had no way of affording Geertruida.

20 minutes ago, Andy_10 said:

@villa89 Maybe give him the League Cup game to boost his confidence?

Don't think its a confidence issue, he just doesn't have enough experience playing right back. He would need a season off on loan somewhere playing only right back. We don't have time for him to learn on the job.

His performance was no different to what it was on Saturday. Was baffled by the comments on the weekend. 

I’ve yet to be impressed at all, not a RB but Unai quite clearly see’s something so it’s what we’ll have to get used too. 

6 minutes ago, Farlz said:

His performance was no different to what it was on Saturday. Was baffled by the comments on the weekend. 

I’ve yet to be impressed at all, not a RB but Unai quite clearly see’s something so it’s what we’ll have to get used too. 

I get what you're saying, but I trust Unai to take him out of the team once a better option is available. Of which there are three.

Cash returns
Ned is ready
Carlos comes in and Konsa switches to RB (this is probably what's gonna happen first)

11 minutes ago, Farlz said:

I think he was slightly better vs Everton. But his other two games, including tonight, have been awful

Make no mistake, Lammy is quality, he's just struggling to adapt to playing right back at the level we operate at. Struggling to see why we keep playing him there at the moment, but Unai knows better than I do and we've won all 3 of those games 🤷‍♂️

Edited by AndyClarke
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, East London Villa said:

Trust Emery 1000%. He's giving a wildly inexperienced Bogarde a crash course in top level football and the only reason he would do that is that he sees a tonne of potential.

My only question on it would be that he's giving bogarde that experience out of position rather than Ned

I don't think it's necessarily a case of something bogarde is doing in training more a case of what Ned isn't doing, if bogarde is off the PL pace then Ned must be another step back after that which after pre season is disappointing (same with seeing KKH not playing out on loan)

8 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

My only question on it would be that he's giving bogarde that experience out of position rather than Ned

I don't think it's necessarily a case of something bogarde is doing in training more a case of what Ned isn't doing, if bogarde is off the PL pace then Ned must be another step back after that which after pre season is disappointing (same with seeing KKH not playing out on loan)

I think it's just that Ned is very young, in a new country and new league. I'm not 100% sure how good his English is. He has been training in Emery's system for less time than Bogarde. For example during the international break, Ned was away for 2 weeks while Emery would have been working with Bogarde on the training pitch. Personally I see Ned as the bigger long term prospect at right back but Emery will have good reasons for picking Bogarde instead for the time being.

Bogarde is playing the Foyth/Konsa "RB who plays as a 3rd CB in possession" role it seems, to keep the tactical setup consistent for when Carlos is fit and Konsa can be shifted to RB, as we saw tonight. I think that's why he's playing ahead of Ned.

He's doing a job atm but I don't see much of a future for him at Villa. Not to be harsh either, he hasn't made a bad account of himself.

Edited by Caddy

1 hour ago, Farlz said:

Nah he was deffo better on the weekend.

His first performance I thought was shaky, his one before this was much better, but tonight he just looked very nervous and overwhelmed.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

41 minutes ago, Caddy said:

Bogarde is playing the Foyth/Konsa "RB who plays as a 3rd CB in possession" role it seems, to keep the tactical setup consistent for when Carlos is fit and Konsa can be shifted to RB, as we saw tonight. I think that's why he's playing ahead of Ned.

He's doing a job atm but I don't see much of a future for him at Villa. Not to be harsh either, he hasn't made a bad account of himself.

It's basically moving the weak point in the defence around. It's either him at RB or Carlos at CB and it seems Emery prefers to give Bogarde some game time there to learn. Makes sense. 

1 hour ago, East London Villa said:

Trust Emery 1000%. He's giving a wildly inexperienced Bogarde a crash course in top level football and the only reason he would do that is that he sees a tonne of potential.

What qualities are you seeing in him that leads you to believe he can be a solid RB?  So far I have not seen any speed, 1v1 defending, overlapping, crossing or physicality out of him.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â