Lamare Bogarde

lexicon

21 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

You’ve clearly never watched an Emery team. 

Nope, I've clearly never watched an Emery team. Not in the near 2 years he's been our manager. Must be watching different games to you.

21 minutes ago, Avfc96 said:

Was in the first half and we gave away a corner. Think it was not long after we conceded the second. Konsa was going mental and Digne appeared to be trying to calm him down but Konsa wasn't having any of it,

I think Konsa was cross with Digne then, think it was down to communication and him not warning him who was behind him

• Like 1

First half thought he struggled and Everton targeted him, second half as we grew in confidence don’t think he was challenged. 
By no means the perfect match, but he’s learning every game he plays.

Edited by mikeyp102
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, Avfc96 said:

Nope, I've clearly never watched an Emery team. Not in the near 2 years he's been our manager. Must be watching different games to you.

Clearly. Emery loves to play a natural CB at RB therefore not requiring an attacking output from them. 

• Like 1

Thought he did ok and the basics were handled well enough.

It's clearly our weakest area at the moment though, and it was targeted by Everton. The lack of trust in him really shows on the pitch, there were a lot of times where the pass along the backline was on for Bogarde but not played. McGinn also took up positions further back to help out.

However young players need to play games to improve and Bogarde is now getting that.

think mcneil beat him every time he ran at him. i don't think he's ready but he's not a RB. i would be OK with him playing if it was an emergency...but we've got a player who at the age of 18 already has international and CL experience on the bench. i just find it odd. they had ashley young LB for the last 60 mins who won't have an easier game all seaon. we just never got at him at all and i think ned would've caused him problems.

• Like 3

He gets skinned 1:1 more than any player I can remember seeing. He’s a young lad playing out of position, so don’t want to be too harsh.

The missed offside trap for the DCL 1:1 miss could’ve been really costly. A decent striker scores that and then it’s 3-1, game gone.

Is Kesler-Hayden really worse than this lad? At the moment, I wouldn’t be surprised if Kamara comes back at RB.

Only just caught his lack of effort running back after accidentally playing Calvert-Lewin onside.

Unacceptable. Could easily have led to a tap in for Ndiaye.

Don't know if he's just given up? Thinks it'll be a goal. Does he know it's Emi Martinez in goal FFS. Come on man.

Will be picked up I expect. Don't want to see it again. The worst thing he's done in two apps so far.

Lots of improving to do. Clearly has the makings of a PL player technically.

• Like 2

He had very good game, with a few not so great moments, which again is nornal for a young player new to this level and playing out of position. Last week I said the positives outweighed the negatives, and that was even more true last night. I actually thought everyone played well, that Everton went 2-0 was well against the run of play, in normal circumstances we would have won that game by a comfortable scoreline

As for Kesler-Hayden, he's a completely differnt player to Bogarde, he's almost more of a wingback, Bogarde isn' in the team to play that role, he's more of a third defender, similar role that Konsa has when he plays rightback, that's why he doesn't attack much, he's not starting ahead of Kosta because Emery thinks he's a better rightback per se, it's because he has better suited the system picked for the last two games, if we wanted an attack minded rightback then no doubt Kosta would be starting ahead of him

I noticed Triston Rowe training with the first team last week, he's still only seventeen, but has big potential, into his third season now playing with the u21s

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

He does all the things young, raw players do, loses concentration, and has a tendency to ball - watch. A classic example was when DCL was through for the potential equaliser, he should have been tracking the other Everton player who was square to Calvert - Lewis's left, instead he was watching what DCL was doing, he was just fortunate that the ball rebounded away from the player he forgot to pick up. 

I'm sure the coaches will be showing him the good things he's doing and then explaining how he can improve. It will come better with each game he plays, it's no easy thing for a player of his age playing in a packed, expectant Villa Park crowd. 

11 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Only just caught his lack of effort running back after accidentally playing Calvert-Lewin onside.

Unacceptable. Could easily have led to a tap in for Ndiaye.

Don't know if he's just given up? Thinks it'll be a goal. Does he know it's Emi Martinez in goal FFS. Come on man.

Will be picked up I expect. Don't want to see it again. The worst thing he's done in two apps so far.

Lots of improving to do. Clearly has the makings of a PL player technically.

His touch was poor but thought he dealt with 1v1s ok, particularly in the second-half.

But this was really bad. No excuses to be honest. N'Diaye was nowhere near him when he played DCL onside either. Had ages to react.

Happened twice where he didn’t look over his shoulder and almost left someone for a potential tap in. When Konsa tackled DCL and when DCL hit the bar so he didn’t learn either. Much better on the ball but will be picked up on this but not a natural right back so hopefully Cash is back soon.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â