Lamare Bogarde

lexicon

I defended him after the Leicester game and thought he played well today.

But the lack of an attacking outlet on the right hand side when he's at right back is ridiculous and is something that has to be looked at. 

• Like 2

Maybe it wouldn't be too much of a problem with a Bailey/Jaden on the right but with McGinn there was absolutely no width down the right whatsoever. 

Let me make this clear before inevitably people take it the wrong way, I'm glad he's actually getting an opportunity and as an option for RB to come on late in games I think that'll fine. I just haven't been impressed in either performance against Leicester or Everton, 2 quite poor sides. I thought he struggled against Ndiaye today and just generally looked a bit awkward. 

If we play him against actual good sides it could be tough viewing.  

13 minutes ago, Avfc96 said:

But the lack of an attacking outlet on the right hand side when he's at right back is ridiculous and is something that has to be looked at. 

He’s playing out of position though, the same is generally true when most CBs cover out wide. He should have had an assist when he put Rogers through.

• Like 1

Looked solid today and didn't seem to do much wrong. For a young lad who hasn't played much (if any) Premier league football before these last 2 games, he's showing great potential. It's probably not how we would have wanted to blood him, but I think he's doing himself proud

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Avfc96 said:

For me it's clear that's instructions from Unai. There was one point where it was begging for him to bomb on but he was clearly reluctant to go on. 

25 minutes ago, grantholtgolazo said:

Respectfully, as I’m unfamiliar with how many trophys you have on the shelf, I’ll defer to Emery’s judgement. It’s working pretty well for us so far.

Word of advice mate, if you get Unai's 3 card out of your mouth before you type, it'll stop you from dribbling onto your keyboard.

Your welcome.

• Shocked 1

43 minutes ago, Avfc96 said:

We scored 3. Should have got 5 and he was robbed of an assist what bad finishing

I think he played a lot of safer passes today and likely an instruction which will lead to confidence building. Much improved performance and I like that we are giving players at that level minutes - if nothing else it should pay dividends if we hit an injury crisis on that side at the tail end of the season and we aren’t throwing fresh blood on the pitch. 

35 minutes ago, supermon said:

Is it me or do the players not seem to want to pass him as much

This is somewhat by design no matter who we have at RB as the vast majority of our attacks are down the left.

Thought McGinn was poor though, didn't offer him any passing options or help him out defensively.

47 minutes ago, Avfc96 said:

In fairness, he had McGinn in front of him today, and much as we all love John's big arse scurrying up and down like a crab version of Beyonce, he doesn't carry a huge amount of threat, so Bogarde can't  carry all the blame. Plus we know Unai tends to want a right back to be a little more defensive. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Avfc96 said:

You’ve clearly never watched an Emery team. 

Felt like Konsa was getting frustrated with him. Can't be certain but I think Digne was trying to get Konsa to calm it down at one point. 

Considering how young he is and his lack of experience, especially at RB I thought he did a good job but I suspect that it's pretty disruptive for the rest of the backline when Emery demands such a disciplined role in defence.

17 minutes ago, djdabush said:

Felt like Konsa was getting frustrated with him. Can't be certain but I think Digne was trying to get Konsa to calm it down at one point. 

Considering how young he is and his lack of experience, especially at RB I thought he did a good job but I suspect that it's pretty disruptive for the rest of the backline when Emery demands such a disciplined role in defence.

Was in the first half and we gave away a corner. Think it was not long after we conceded the second. Konsa was going mental and Digne appeared to be trying to calm him down but Konsa wasn't having any of it,

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â